diy solar

diy solar

So i did a thing...

Very nice…what are those connectors that you used for the terminal studs?
I'm not sure the exact brand. I robbed them off a junk battery case that I got from Will. They look very similar to the Futronics brand though.

I like that, which packout box is that?
Its their Compact Tool Box. Home Depot for $70.

I'm not sure the exact brand. I robbed them off a junk battery case that I got from Will. They look very similar to the Futronics brand though.

Its their Compact Tool Box. Home Depot for $70.
Looks like weight capacity of #75.

How’s it feel loaded up?

Cool, but 500W is not going to run any sized tools ie no skillsaws with this portable power.
Good for lower wattage longer running items - lights and I-phone chargers during black-out, camping, smaller tool below 4A 120v, ie a dremel or similar.
With those big 300Ah cells, you can power 500W continuously for over seven hours!?

-put a nylon carry strap on that thing.

Cool, but 500W is not going to run any sized tools ie no skillsaws with this portable power.
Good for lower wattage longer running items - lights and I-phone chargers during black-out, camping, smaller tool below 4A 120v, ie a dremel or similar.
With those big 300Ah cells, you can power 500W continuously for over seven hours!?

-put a nylon carry strap on that thing.
Yeah I wasn't looking for a high output system. I have those. This just seemed like it fit nice and I had all the components on the shelf.

The Milwaukee Packout has a built in handle that folds into the lid. Very robust.

How are the batteries held in place? Those pieces of foam? Does it shift at all?
Yeah just the foam. The box tapers a bit at the bottom and it's a damn near perfect fit. The foam just keeps from shifting etc.
The invert cables seem way under sized ?

You do a voltage drop calculation?
They are 4ga wires. Calculated voltage drop is only 0.15%, or 17mV drop at full load lol.

Back