diy solar

diy solar

SOK 206ah doesn't take a charge, only reads 11 volts from main terminals

I only sell through SOK w/ min, and current connected. Shows that you bought it thought Alibaba. I don't have links to Alibaba at all. Not sure how you purchased that one. Do you have a link for the product on Alibaba that you can share?

There are lots of knock offs coming to the market, and I have no clue who is selling the Alibaba packs.

Can you try another charger or power supply? Do you have an adjustable power supply just in case it's in safety mode?
Screenshot_20211107-195436__01.jpg
Screenshot_20211107-200147.jpg
Pictures with further proof I have a real SOK battery warranty code included in my package checks out

Here is the link i got it from (through the SOK website "available in other countries" link:) https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...a2756.order-detail-ta-bn-b.0.0.31da2fc2KwHcl2

I'm gonna try to get a adjustable power supply, what voltage would you recommend to get it out of safety mode ?

Thank you

Buy a 30V 5A PSU. Overkill, but very cheap and easy to find. I have five just for waking batteries up. Set it to 14.5V and touch it on the terminals.

Yeah looks good. It's an sok

What are your cell voltages? Is the balance plug nice and snug?

Thanks I will try that. Cell voltages are all identical, cables are all tight, no pinched wires etc. This victron charger also puts out 14.47 V at 7A shouldn't that be enough to wake it up with instead of buying a new power supply ? I'm not sure what the difference isIMG_20211107_172504.jpg

@Will Prowse Can you reply to my previous question ? (edit I'm tjeerdpeerd I have 2 accounts by accident) Would 0.03V really make the difference in waking up the BMS ? (14.47V instead if 14.5V)
I have talked to SOK and they said they want to send me a new BMS.
Thanks

Last edited:
Dexter @ Current Connected here...

Feel free to give me a call tomorrow at (208) 656-2700

I can walk you through a couple further steps of troubleshooting that are covered by the warranty and if you need a new BMS it is 95% likely to come from my warehouse.

Either we can get the battery working or we can get a replacement on the way. Feel free to give me a shout.

EDIT: didn't realize you were out of the USA, but you can still contact me for help if you need it.

Last edited:
Dexter @ Current Connected here...

Feel free to give me a call tomorrow at (208) 656-2700

I can walk you through a couple further steps of troubleshooting that are covered by the warranty and if you need a new BMS it is 95% likely to come from my warehouse.

Either we can get the battery working or we can get a replacement on the way. Feel free to give me a shout.

EDIT: didn't realize you were out of the USA, but you can still contact me for help if you need it.
Hi Dexter thank you that would be nice. What is the best way of getting in touch ? I'm at the workshop today so I have time to troubleshoot the battery
Thanks

hello everyone,

glad to report the battery works now with the new BMS ! :) I noticed this pinched cold temperature disconnect wire I guess that was the issue. I hadn't noticed before when inspecting the battery, could have saved me a lot of headache !
Got the new BMS after a lot of back and forth with SOK and also talking on this forum so thanks for the help everyone. @Will Prowse There is a language obstacle dealing with SOK but overall they're willing to help.

Interesting to see the new BMS is a different version. gladly all screw Holes lined up haha.

Battery shows 13.2 V wich should be around a half way charge
battery charges and discharges, I was very happy to see the LED i was testing it was finally working. Woke up the BMS first with a power supply.
Victron App works and shows charging at 7A

I could be mad at SOK for delivering pinched wire batteries (I'm not the first one this happened to on the forum) but at this extremely low pricepoint and cost of human labour in China that doesn't seem fair. I guess you have to look under the cover when buying cheap stuff. the parts are high quality it is still a nice piece of hardware. thanks for the help everyone hope you have a good week.

IMG_20211127_140929.jpg

IMG_20211127_141533.jpg

Back