diy solar

diy solar

Sol-Ark 12K Capacity setting for a parallel set.

Ldc_NH

Hello, I have two physical Sol-Ark 12 K units. 1 has 12000 watts of panels, one has 1920 watts. When is parallel setting there is a 3rd sudo plant created that combines the two plants so you can watch your system as one. in power view this sudo would be found under plant list.

There are not a lot of parameters to set for the sudo plant. however there are some, one in particular I am not sure how to calculate.

1664628464232.png
Based on the total solar panel wattages of 13920 (unit 1 = 12000 and unit 2 = 1920) what should the kWp be set at?

I don't have two Sol-Ark 12Ks but i know @Wet1 has two and can help you.

The big problem I see is how is this going to work if one of the Inverters barely has enough PV to switch on.
It's not really adding anything significant to your system until you put a lot more Panels on it.

Last edited:
Would it be better if he split the pv more evenly between them or put it all on one.

Would it be better if he split the pv more evenly between them or put it all on one.
I would put it all on one but that kind of depends on the strings he has (Configuration, Position, Size).
Better to use one just to cut back on the extra 60W of Idle power until he can get more panels.

I don't have two Sol-Ark 12Ks but i know @Wet1 has two and can help you.

The big problem I see is how is this going to work if one of the Inverters barely has enough PV to switch on.
It's not really adding anything significant to your system until you put a lot more Panels on it.
Sorry, I do not have two 12k's, only a single 15k.

And agreed, that second inverter alone will eat close to 1.5 kW per day so it would make more sense to get more panels on it.

Hello, I have two physical Sol-Ark 12 K units. 1 has 12000 watts of panels, one has 1920 watts. When is parallel setting there is a 3rd sudo plant created that combines the two plants so you can watch your system as one. in power view this sudo would be found under plant list.

There are not a lot of parameters to set for the sudo plant. however there are some, one in particular I am not sure how to calculate.

View attachment 114365
Based on the total solar panel wattages of 13920 (unit 1 = 12000 and unit 2 = 1920) what should the kWp be set at?
I have 2 Sol-Ark 12ks but don’t use PV pro or power view anymore.

I remember under equipment it had 2 inverters but under plant it’s was the combined stats.

Sol-ark techs can probably tell you if any of those settings are important or needed.

I don’t remember putting any configuration in the plant one.

Sol-Ark tech support
972-575-8875

Back