diy solar

diy solar

Sol-Ark 15k CT sensor installation with manual bypass switch

rossmoesis

Hi,
Quick question. I'm trying to verify the correct place to install my CT sensors on my sol-ark 15k setup. Reading the manual, I think I should be putting them right before the main panel to my house. I attached a diagram below. Can you help verify if this is correct.

Last edited:
As I understand it, the CTs belong right after the fused disconnect and before the tap to the bypass for their stated purpose. Functionally I believe they already have a load-side CT.

I'm at that point in my install. What you highlighted in the line drawing, is that the correct CT placement?

I'm at that point in my install. What you highlighted in the line drawing, is that the correct CT placement?
No, I installed them in the wire way between grid tie in on the inverter and the meter. I’m going to remove that pic to eliminate confusion.

No, I installed them in the wire way between grid tie in on the inverter and the meter. I’m going to remove that pic to eliminate confusion.
I'm using a power distribution block that is fed from my ac disconnect directly from the meter. So correct CT placement is between the ac disconnect and grid l1 and grid l2 terminals on the solark 15k?

Attachments

• Ctspossible.jpg
    Ctspossible.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 48
That’s where I put mine, it functions as it should when using TOU
to prioritize batteries and limit grid use during high cost periods of the day.

Last edited:
I put mine here and not working right. See photos

Attachments

• 22735.jpeg
    22735.jpeg
    128.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 22732~2.jpeg
    22732~2.jpeg
    201.7 KB · Views: 15
Back