diy solar

diy solar

Sol-Ark 15k will only invert 13k of DC PV to AC

You guys can't imagine how much enjoyment I get out of reading these back-and-forth threads. Plus I learn a lot. :)
Just be careful about what you read. You have 2-3 guys still on here who will say anything negative they can think of about Sol-Ark and you have one company Signature Solar that Sponsors Hit Jobs on Sol-Ark using their YouTube sponsored Influencer.

David Poz's video on Sol-Ark, a fictional tale!

The Video plus the 15 pages of arguing that ensued was all started based on a lie by just one person. It finally took one forum member breaking down and running the test for himself with the current firmware and then taking a Picture of the results to disprove the lie.

12K_SolArk Totaly_UnbalancedV2.jpg

Unlike the Deye which has 5 years but only if your in China.

lol do you think Deye only sells in China? Deye offers 10 years of an extended warranty through their distributors for an extra fee. That fee is around $200. Same goes for their sister brand Sunsynk. Sunsynk offers it for free if you buy Sunsynk branded batteries as well. Still less than 3X the price you pay for overpriced Sol-Ark.
The Firmware is not the Same, The one in the Deye is Sol-Arks original 8K firmware.
They no longer share firmware and Sol-Ark has had about 25 updates since then versus about four minor ones that Deye did.

You continue to talk shit and pull numbers out of your ass, don't you? Deye is the inventor of your Sol-Ark inverter and they had it for sale before Sol-Ark. Where did you get those "four minor" numbers? My Deye gets updated every single month. It was last updated in the middle of December and now there is already a new update available for the interface (LCD).

https://web.archive.org/web/20180314071750/https://deyeinverter.en.alibaba.com/
Deye was selling the 8kw hybrid since at least March 2018 (That is the earliest snapshot from wayback machine) and your claimed "2017" video was uploaded in April 2018

View attachment 127978

View attachment 127915

View attachment 127986

View attachment 127987

Some people drive a Pinto and some drive a Lexus simple as that.
Truth is Sol-Ark probably saw the Deye at a tradeshow and decided to slap their badge on it. They saw some success and decided to do some custom modifications to the casing + built-in breakers next. Throw "Veterans made" into the mix and now people like you call it a Lexus lol

lol do you think Deye only sells in China? Deye offers 10 years of an extended warranty through their distributors for an extra fee. That fee is around $200. Same goes for their sister brand Sunsynk. Sunsynk offers it for free if you buy Sunsynk branded batteries as well. Still less than 3X the price you pay for overpriced Sol-Ark.
It’s really not three times as much. In my case in the United States It is less than $3000 extra for the 15 K.

You are sounding like I did during the past year. Then I looked at the features and prices of UL listed hybrid inverters and realized many are priced about the same. The new Outback Mojave is an example.

Outback is designed and made in US right? That justifies its price. Sol-Ark is a rebranded Deye with minor customizations.

Look at this https://practicalpreppers.com/product/sol-ark-5k-1p-hybrid-inverter/ $4000 with 10 years warranty. This same inverter is $1150 from Deye with 10-year warranty. $950 with 5 year warranty. If you get 100, price drops to $830 each.

Only customization that Sol-Ark has done is they added a bigger SCC because Deye comes with 6.5kW SCC

. Sol-Ark is a rebranded Deye with minor customizations.
Minor? UL listing is not a minor undertaking. I have heard it can be as much as $100,000 plus ongoing audits
Only customization that Sol-Ark has done is they added a bigger SCC because Deye comes with 6.5kW SCC
Only? As noted in other posts the firmware has received several updates. Did I mention the UL listing? That has significant value to me as well as the support.
I don't know why you even care? You are down under. Did anybody really care that most Holdens were GMs, Isuzus or other makes with a Holden badge?

Last edited:
Minor? UL listing is not a minor undertaking. I have heard it can be as much as $100,000 plus ongoing audits

Only? As noted in other posts the firmware has received several updates. Did I mention the UL listing? That has significant value to me as well as the support. I don't know why you even care? You are down under. Did anybody really care that most Holdens were GMs, Isuzus or other makes with a Holden badge?
When I said customizations, I meant hardware. I do understand that UL is significant.

What about firmware? Deye, Sunsynk gets firmware updates every month. No difference to Sol-Ark.

What a distributor offers and what the manufacturer are offering are two different things.
Any distributor can claim to be offering an extra 20 years for $500 but the question is will they be around and will they honor it.
The real question is will any Chinese company honor a warranty lol.
This comment was about the standard 5 year Deye Warranty.
You continue to talk shit and pull numbers out of your ass, don't you? Deye is the inventor of your Sol-Ark inverter and they had it for sale before Sol-Ark.
LOl I think Google Translate stopped working. Simpla answer is No, Sol-Ark was selling the 8K long before Deye got the job of mass producing it. That is why Sol-Ark can order Deye to stop making Split Phase units. Deye just the contracted manufactorer and Sol-Ark gave them the right to distribute the Inverter in regions that Sol-Ark had no interest in, Like China and Africa.
Where did you get those "four minor" numbers? My Deye gets updated every single month. It was last updated in the middle of December and now there is already a new update available for the interface (LCD).

I have been watching that thread since it came out and so far I am not even sure if there are 4 updates in 2022. Some people seem to be getting reverted back to older firmware. Sol-Ark has been consistently releasing updates twice per month. They just released one 10 days ago that changes parts of the GUI.
Deye was selling the 8kw hybrid since at least March 2018 (That is the earliest snapshot from wayback machine) and your claimed "2017" video was uploaded in April 2018
Please show me the Deye 8K Hybrid Inverter being sold in 2018.
The link you provided is not from Deye it is an Alibaba link It also says no data is available on the web when I look at any of the Products. On Deye real Website (https://deye.com) on the Wayback it does not show any of those Inverters in their product line in 2018. It only shows dehumdifiers.
It does not show a 8K Hybrid model until late 2019.

PLEASE ENTER https://deye.com into the Wayback machine and show me the results. That is the website they have been using from day one, not Alibaba.com

The Video was shot in 2017 during the Beta testing phase and the video was released when they released the Inverter in 2018.

Last edited:
When I said customizations, I meant hardware. I do understand that UL is significant.

What about firmware? Deye, Sunsynk gets firmware updates every month. No difference to Sol-Ark.
Not according to that Firmware tracking thread.

oh i'm acutely aware
robby is a sol-ark distributor at minimum , and more likely a sol-ark employee.
every time deye comes up, he contacts that user through PM and tries to sell a sol-ark

i believe that violates the forum rules, but hey, seems those rules are only valid for non us sellers
Can you produce some evidence of Robby distributing these units to members direct? Screenshots of email or other correspondence would work.

If you do not provide proof, I may need to issue a temporary ban. Making accusations without evidence will not be taken lightly.

But if you have proof, I would love to see it as soon as possible. Thank you

Do you also recognize the Significant costs involved in having 40 trained customer service reps manning the Phones 24/7 in America.
Do you know how many Inverters a week you have to sell to cover those salaries.

Last edited:
What a distributor offers and what the manufacturer are offering are two different things.
Any distributor can claim to be offering an extra 20 years for $500 but the question is will they be around and will they honor it.
This comment was about the 5 year Deye Warranty.
lol distributer's job is to distribute the products. Deye provides the warranty whether is extended or not. You go to Deye for warranty either through the distributer or directly.

LOl I think Google Translate stopped working. Simpla answer is No, Sol-Ark was selling the 8K long before Deye got the job of mass producing it. That is why Sol-Ark can order Deye to stop making Split Phase units. Deye just the contracted manufactorer and Sol-Ark gave them the right to distribute the Inverter in regions that Sol-Ark had no interest in, Like China and Africa.

I guess Sol-Ark has no interest in UK, Australia, or Europe because Deye-owned Synsunk is selling in these markets. I'm not sure why Sol-Ark let go of their chance of becoming a billion $ company by selling their own product worldwide.

I have been watching that thread since it came out and so far I am not even sure if there are 4 updates in 2022. Some people seem to be getting reverted back to older firmware. Sol-Ark has been consistently releasing updates twice per month. They just released one 10 days ago that changes parts of the GUI.

Firmware tracker thread isn't active. But there are more than "4 minor updates since 2018"

Please show me the Deye 8K Hybrid Inverter being sold in 2018.
The link you provided is not from Deye it is an Alibaba link

No comment on this one lol.

lol distributer's job is to distribute the products. Deye provides the warranty whether is extended or not. You go to Deye for warranty either through the distributer or directly.
Where is this offer posted on Deye's website?
I guess Sol-Ark has no interest in UK, Australia, or Europe because Deye-owned Synsunk is selling in these markets. I'm not sure why Sol-Ark let go of their chance of becoming a billion $ company by selling their own product worldwide.
No they did not because they were having a hard enough time just trying to get Investors in the USA to provide them with the cash to make and sell the product. So Global sales was not on their mind.
Firmware tracker thread isn't active. But there are more than "4 minor updates since 2018"
LOL your the one who posted the Link and now that I point out that there are almost no updates you say it is not accurate :ROFLMAO:
No comment on this one lol.
I already commented, you just did not read it.

I have no problems with a company making money. But @robby is going around spreading blatant lies around this forum. Latest example

Just wanted to settle the debate

So I said this and it's a Lie??
Sunsynk is a Deye with a different paint scheme. The Firmware inside of it is based on the orginal Sol-Ark firmware but SunSynk seems to be putting more time into making the Firmware better for their customers than Deye is.

But two post later you agreed and said the same thing!!!!
Sunsynk is the same as Deye but it runs a different UI firmware. These inverters got 2 separate firmware for LCD and Inverter itself. Inverter firmware is same for both Deye and Sunsynk. Sunsynk is owned by Deye

You need to take your Meds

Sol-Ark part is the lie. Same what? Deye and Synsunk UI are cosmetically different. But menu options are the same.
Sol-Ark is the one that made the original firmware and gave the source code to Deye as part of the partnership.
Later on due to the SplitPhase debacle Sol-Ark ordered Deye to stop making Split Phase units and Sol-Ark stopped sharing source code changes with Deye. Now they operate separately, making their own changes.

Last edited:
Your the one who linked the Firmware Tracking thread as proof and then when I show you that they have had very few updates, less than four and even that is hard to say since some people seem to have gotten their firmware down graded to older firmware after updating.
Now you say that the firmware thread You Linked as Proof is not active so ignore it :ROFLMAO:

Sol-Ark is the one that made the original firmware and gave the source code to Deye as part of the partnership.
Later on due to the SplitPhase debacle Sol-Ark ordered Deye to stop making Split Phase units and Sol-Ark stopped sharing source code changes with Deye. Now they operate separately, making their own changes.
Do you have any proof for that? Why did Deye start selling 8K inverter before Sol-Ark then?

Your the one who linked the Firmware Tracking thread as proof and then when I show you that they have had very few updates, less than four and even that is hard to say since some people seem to have gotten their firmware down graded to older firmware after updating.
Now you say that the firmware thread You Linked as Proof is not active so ignore it :ROFLMAO:
Dude it was a reply to you when you said there were only 4 minor updates to Deye's firmware. I got my Deye in August last year and I got it updated 3 times until December and there is a new version already.

Seriously Robby, If you can't understand this, I don't want to continue any further discussions on this point.

Deye was selling the 8kw hybrid since at least March 2018 (That is the earliest snapshot from wayback machine) and your claimed first Sol-Ark "2017" video was uploaded in April 2018

View attachment 127978

View attachment 127915

View attachment 127986

View attachment 127987
It's obvious that you do not understand how URLs work.
That is an alibaba.com url you are sticking into the Wayback machine and none of the links work.
The website that they list as the seller www.deye.com.cn does not even have a Web presence before Nov 2019.

As to your last statement I already told you the Video was Shot in 2017 and that is why it is labeled as 2017.
The Video is of Tom installing a Beta unit at his home. The Video was released in 2018 when they released the Inverter to the public.
Deyes website does not have a Hybrid Inverter listed until the end of 2019.
I have already confirmed this time line with a Sol-Ark Engineer and also Tom Brennan Posted the info for the public on this Forum.

Jeez don't they have Solar forums in Australia where your time would be better spent?

It's obvious that you do not understand how URLs work.
That is an alibaba.com url you are sticking into the Wayback machine and none of the links work.
The website that they list as the seller www.deye.com.cn does not even have a Web presence before Nov 2019.
It's obvious that you don't understand how Alibaba and Wayback machine works. That is the official Deye alibaba store URL. Check the screenshots that I posted. Wayback machine doesn't index all the URL's. You can clearly see that they have had 5kW and 8kW units for sale starting from $1000 to $1300

It's fine if you don't understand it. Others here will understand

diy solar

diy solar
Back