diy solar

diy solar

Sol Ark Power Pro app users.

cj5orion

So... I'm just getting started using the app,enjoying it very much,and would like to fill in all needed data to get the most out of the app.Little to 0 info that I can find at the Sol Ark website,rather not tie up "customer support" time.Thought maybe fellow users would share their knowledge/experiences/etc with the app ?

There are multiple youtube videos on using it. I installed both the Sol-Ark app and Solar Assistant before powering up my Sol-Ark 15K, I find myself looking at Solar Assistant for details, just easier to get around. Don't use the phone apps, so that may be different for those that do.

I only know of two apps. One, the Powerview app via the browser and the MySolArk phone app which is in Beta and has no data yet. I also use the third party, Solar Assistant that uses a Raspberry Pi to get data from the SolArk via CAN. That is the one I refer to the most.

I only know of two apps. One, the Powerview app via the browser and the MySolArk phone app which is in Beta and has no data yet. I also use the third party, Solar Assistant that uses a Raspberry Pi to get data from the SolArk via CAN. That is the one I refer to the most.
PV pro is also a phone app

When you say no data for the mysolark, do you mean you can't even enter your plant yet? Because I've tried it multiple times, I can't even set up my plant.

I have a victron shunt and use their app for battery info.

I use the Custom tab alot to select the various details.

Does anyone know a way to find out why the Sol-ark disconnected from the grid? I checked the voltage and frequency history, and didn't see anything. It could have been too short to record a data point, but long enough (4 ms) to disconnect.

I have a victron shunt and use their app for battery info.

I use the Custom tab alot to select the various details.

Does anyone know a way to find out why the Sol-ark disconnected from the grid? I checked the voltage and frequency history, and didn't see anything. It could have been too short to record a data point, but long enough (4 ms) to disconnect.
The App sends out an alert even on short outages that don't show up on the graph. I don't know how long the outgage has to be but I have been outside and seen the street lamps blink for a second and the App sent an alert and then 5 minutes later it sent one that the Power had been restored. It could have been lucky timing or the info is sent out instantaneously.

The App sends out an alert even on short outages that don't show up on the graph. I don't know how long the outgage has to be but I have been outside and seen the street lamps blink for a second and the App sent an alert and then 5 minutes later it sent one that the Power had been restored. It could have been lucky timing or the info is sent out instantaneously.
Understood. I just think going off grid is something that should be logged as an event along with the reason. I have my grid settings much tighter than a UPS. If the grid goes 1 volt under the setting on a weekly basis, I would consider widening the range to avoid the transfer. Although it is a good test.

Understood. I just think going off grid is something that should be logged as an event along with the reason. I have my grid settings much tighter than a UPS. If the grid goes 1 volt under the setting on a weekly basis, I would consider widening the range to avoid the transfer. Although it is a good test.
That is way to tight.
You might want to think about 210V on the low side and 260V in the high side.
My Nominal voltage is around 238Vac.

Back