diy solar

diy solar

Solar and the Economy Your Thoughts??? Or anything else on your mind!

Considering the current economic environment and world events is PV and or storage a reasonable investment?
Opinions?

Balloon of questionable origin detonates EMP. Although localized to a 500 mile radius, it begins a cascade failure of the entire US grid. Within 24 hours all store shelves and gas stations are empty. Most people wait for the Gov to come help. The powers that be are unable to do a black restart on the grid and within 3 weeks cannibalism overtakes all cities of over 10,000 population. 90% of US population dies within 12 months. People see your lights on. They come and barbeque you before you realize any profit on your system. Solar is not a good investment.

Final assembly of solar panels is also heading south, to Malaysia and Vietnam. I also would not be surprised to see some of it migrate to India. Capacity is building and unless demand increases above that capacity there will continue to be downward pressure on prices. Just my guess.
You still need batteries, are there any plants for the server rack batteries besides China.

Opinions?

Balloon of questionable origin detonates EMP. Although localized to a 500 mile radius, it begins a cascade failure of the entire US grid. Within 24 hours all store shelves and gas stations are empty. Most people wait for the Gov to come help. The powers that be are unable to do a black restart on the grid and within 3 weeks cannibalism overtakes all cities of over 10,000 population. 90% of US population dies within 12 months. People see your lights on. They come and barbeque you before you realize any profit on your system. Solar is not a good investment.
San Andreas Springs to life, an 8.0 earthquake levels my house, neighbors don’t see any lights, they eat some other neighbors instead.

California and the US gov. pushing electric vehicles. Gasoline taxes bring in $5(?) billion a year in California alone. Where is the replacement for the gasoline taxes going to come from?

Opinions?

Watch the movie "The Road" (2009). A memorable experience to say the least. They kept their "food" alive in the basement until it was time for processing...

Also, in your scenario I highly recommend blackout shades and/or black plastic contractor bags taped on the inside of the windows.

Opinions?

If you installed solar before buying rifles, you're doing it backwards.

I second this.
I am also worried about future rationing scenarios that our friends in government will no doubtedly come up with in the future, especially once your personal carbon credit score has been exhausted for the month

I third this. I take a picture every month for my carbon credit audit. You know it's coming in some form or fashion.
SMA CO2.jpg
In our county, your dwelling has to be connected to the grid. No grid, no CO.

In my opinion, it's kind of not well thought out if you have your inverter "Connected" to the internet. You know the origin of all these inverters....

In my opinion, it's kind of not well thought out if you have your inverter "Connected" to the internet. You know the origin of all these inverters....
It's not like they don't already know we have solar. If nothing else they can look at the images from the balloons ...

Watch the movie "The Road" (2009). A memorable experience to say the least. They kept their "food" alive in the basement until it was time for processing...

Also, in your scenario I highly recommend blackout shades and/or black plastic contractor bags taped on the inside of the windows.
They're going to see your solar panels. Probably not mine so much since they're on the shop roof facing away from the road and a nearly flat roof, but most panels are pretty visible. I wonder what the status is on camo solar panels?

Don't forget the ammo!
And thermal scope.
And ... okay, I don't wanna go down this rabbit hole. Let's just say solar was high on the list.
;)
We haven't even broached the pole flip yet! The poles and field strength are changing exponential faster. CMEs will be our reintroduction to the stone age.

We haven't even broached the pole flip yet! The poles and field strength are changing exponential faster. CMEs will be our reintroduction to the stone age.

We need a Charles Hapgood thread for that discussion. His book and theory still hold up today, though we know more about the mechanism now. And Einstein wrote the forward for him. Kind of a good endorsement.

On the subject of apocalyptic disasters and solar. Watching the news last night in the coverage of the major earthquake in Turkey and Syria I happened to notice in the building rubble several solar panels. Really tragic all the loss of life and all the destruction. But it is interesting how if you have an interest in something (like a particular car) you notice it more readily.

California and the US gov. pushing electric vehicles. Gasoline taxes bring in $5(?) billion a year in California alone. Where is the replacement for the gasoline taxes going to come from?
No replacement the plan is to lure you into adopting EVs and then it will be report your mileage on your taxes along with the associated road tax. There absolutely will be taxes charged for EVs just a matter of time. Like lambs to slaughter not only that they will be in complete control of your travel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back