diy solar

diy solar

Solar Assistant reporting 0 on pv energy

coil1002

Solar Wizard
2 days ago my solar assistant pv energy entity fell to 0 and will no longer increment on my 2 lv2424's. Any ideas on what to do to fix this. Reinstall SA ?

Not much information to go on but I'd suggest first checking to see if your PV array has normal output all the way to the inverters.

Not much information to go on but I'd suggest first checking to see if your PV array has normal output all the way to the inverters.
Everything is working including the solar assistant side all metrics are reporting correctly except for pv energy and battery in and battery out. I wish I had more info to give Solar assistant is not very forth coming with logs.

System works everything reports and records fine except for these three metrics which are crucial for the energy dash board in home assistant

Fixed it

I leave this here in case any one else has this problem. It was due to corruption on my 5 year old sd card. I figured this out when I exported my historical data and re imported it. That fixed the problem. I went ahead and put in a new freshly flashed sd card and imported the historical database and all is working

What version of SA are you running ?

Got 3 inverters with 3 different versions of SA for each of them (last release, previous beta and last beta) and I just noticed funny solar generation data for the last beta.

here was there response to my email

"We are currently experiencing a bug that we had a few months back due to Daylight savings time that we need to try to resolve. In the meantime you can set your timezone in the configuration tab to Etc/ GMt-7 to resolve the issue.

Kind Regards,
Duane - SolarAssistant support"

Was this on the dashboard, charts, totals? or all of the above?

I'm having a 'funny' issue... I think the battery usage was(should) match the load usage on the dashboard...and I think it was before I added a couple of additional rack batteries yesterday not it is not matching ... off by several hundred watts.

??

Dashboard & total. Charts are ok ...

Looks like it's only the total of the current day that is funny but it gets updated correctly the following day.

Looks like it has been corrected with the last beta released today.

Attachments

• IMG_20231111_224821.jpg
    IMG_20231111_224821.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 8
Still broken if your using MQTT data off the SA to feed Home Assistant like I am. Checked the MQTT messages and they always report 0, running current beta. I reached out the other day to SA support folks, but no reply in 48hrs so far.
Software version: 2023-11-10

Values which only return 0's when they should be increasing/decreasing..

pv_energy, load_energy, grid_energy_in, grid_energy_out, or battery_energy_in and battery_energy_out.

Example off MQTT messages:
Message 1879 received on solar_assistant/total/pv_energy/state at 12:43 PM:
QoS: 0 - Retain: false

1699826565524.png

Still broken if your using MQTT data off the SA to feed Home Assistant like I am. Checked the MQTT messages and they always report 0, running current beta. I reached out the other day to SA support folks, but no reply in 48hrs so far.
Software version: 2023-11-10

Values which only return 0's when they should be increasing/decreasing..

pv_energy, load_energy, grid_energy_in, grid_energy_out, or battery_energy_in and battery_energy_out.

Example off MQTT messages:
Message 1879 received on solar_assistant/total/pv_energy/state at 12:43 PM:
QoS: 0 - Retain: false

View attachment 177433
That was my exact problem. I exported my historic data and flashed a new sd card with a recently downloaded SA image and re imported my historic data on the new setup and it fixed the problem

Your energy dashboard will be a mess for the first day due to it thinking you have collected your entire pv enery in in one day but it cleans up the nextCapture.JPG

My last update (Ver 2023-11-10) is messed up. It's showing some of my solar on today's date, but tomorrow's date is also visible with little data for the day.

Last edited:
My last update (Ver 2023-11-10) is messed up. It's showing some of my solar on today's date, but tomorrows date is also visible with little data for the day.
I'm seeing the same thing. Inverter display shows over 30kwh produced today. SA shows 4kwh for the 13th and 26.7kwh for the 12th in the totals tab. 4kwh on the home screen.

Yeah @coil1002 reinstalling after doing a backup, the reimport of the data seems to get it working again, like you mentioned massive spike of all previous data, but starting to see per hr data now.

1699837623542.png

I had this issue too. I figured out it fixes by clearing my database completely. But now I lost all my data. Didn't know I can export and import. Also had a weird time issue where every day at 2PM EST, solar assistant would start counting stats for the next day. Both of these have been fixed though.

Back