diy solar

diy solar

Solar Assistant Time is Wrong - only the Dashboard

OffGridForGood

Catch, make or grow everything you can.
I did a search of the forum, didn't see this anywhere. And since this has Got To Be so basic, best to put it on the Beginners' corner!
In Solar Assistant, I set local time in Configuration.
In Charts I select the time viewed -24hours to current. Displays the correct local time in all the charts/graphs.
But on the Dashboard, the time is wrong, off by 6 hours.
Soooo, how do you set the time for the Dashboard? (and why in the world would it not be the same everywhere on Solar Assistant?)
I must be missing something ...

I did a search of the forum, didn't see this anywhere. And since this has Got To Be so basic, best to put it on the Beginners' corner!
In Charts I select the time viewed -24hours to current. Displays the correct local time in all the charts/graphs.
Soooo, how do you set the time for the Dashboard? (and why in the world would it not be the same everywhere on Solar Assistant?)
Timezone setting is probably off, either on SA or in your client.
Or it's a bug in SA.

CST is GMT-6, So something is set to use GMT. I don't use SA, but your browser will send it's timezone to a web application. So if some things are ok, and one thing is off by my GMT offset, I'm guessing the incorrect screen is using the local time setting. If it's on a box you built the default timezone is likely incorrect. See tzselect on a linux box or appliance. That being said some applications require the default system timezone at GMT, in which case it's a bug. System clock on all posix compliant systems is GMT these days. Very common issue.

Go to Configuration tab, scroll down and set time there by checking the box for internet time. Box above that for me is CST, I use America-Chicago.

You might have to reboot in order to get the time to stick if it won't save.

Go to Configuration tab, scroll down and set time there by checking the box for internet time. Box above that for me is CST, I use America-Chicago.

This works.
I had not checked the "internet time" - since my system is not connected to the internet, only to my local off grid LAN.
However, checking this box corrected the time on the Dashboard !
I wonder why it was different in Charts and Dashboard? - something in the programing I guess, Thanks @Zwy !

Reactions: Zwy
I also have this issue after installing upgrade to 2024-01-23. All was working OK then after the upgrade the totals had already the following day displayed (showed 30th while it was still 29th) - time zone was wrong which I fixed but next day I noticed the dashboard shows time 7 hours ahead. Internet time is checked and shows correct time. Time zone is correct...

I also have this issue after installing upgrade to 2024-01-23. All was working OK then after the upgrade the totals had already the following day displayed (showed 30th while it was still 29th) - time zone was wrong which I fixed but next day I noticed the dashboard shows time 7 hours ahead.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This
Rebooting does nothing in my case. Contacted support but after a couple of emails and remote troubleshooting they went mute.
The totals are correct - it's just charts - seems like Grafana is not getting the time right for some reason.

Back