diy solar

diy solar

Solar Assistant trial?

radiomean

I've got an Orange OPi on order and plan to run Solar Assistant.
However, it's not cheap to buy and I'd like to run a trial - but I can't find anything about it on their website?

Any thoughts?

I don't believe they offer a Trial. Its all or not.
I used the many recomendations on this forum and some Youtube to convince me. Its well worth it (In My Opinion).
I already had a number of Raspberry Pi's available. So really a no brainer here.
Best of luck...

Of course they have a trial. Just download the SD Card image, and run it on the Orange Pi. In the configuration tab, you will have a link to activate the device. Then you will have the option to buy a license or active a trial license.

Of course they have a trial. Just download the SD Card image, and run it on the Orange Pi. In the configuration tab, you will have a link to activate the device. Then you will have the option to buy a license or active a trial license.
Thanks - but the problem is I can't find the link to download SA. Their page seems to say the link is available when you've bought the license...

This page only seems to link to a download if you've got a license...

Maybe I download it from somewhere else?

Its only $55. As for a trail you could email them and ask them if they have one.

Its only $55. As for a trail you could email them and ask them if they have one.
The $55s all add up! I've emailed them anyway and will see if they reply. I would like to check SA works with my 'random supplier' Chinese batteries first...

If it doesn't "talk" to the batteries you can have it use the info the charge controller has for the batteries.

While not the same thing, I use older Telcom Sealed Lead Acid batteries. These are end of life, but still function. I use a Victron SmartShunt which can connect to the Solar Assistant and gives me very detailed information on what the battery banks are doing.
You might want to consider using a Battery Shunt with Solar Assistant to "See" your battery bank info.

The batteries have RS485 and I'm using the supplied web app to monitor them, but I'd like to use SA if possible also...

I don't have Solar Assistant connected to my batteries. Just the AIO's and a Victron shunt for the battery bank. I rarely look at the BMS information. But when I do. I use the BMS app.

yes there is a trial. you need to contact them at info@solar-assistant.io and tell them you want to try SA. before contacting them create an account in their website. they will add a 30 day trial to you account and them you will be able to download the image and install it. once the device boots up link the device with the account you created and it will say you have a trial license for 30 days.

Back