diy solar

diy solar

Solar Assistant USB cables ?

rd400f

Hi
Is this USB Type B cable that Solar Assistant sell just a standard cable or is it something special to Solar Assistant?
cable-usb-b.png
I forgot to order the cable with my Solar Assistant kit.
Very expensive to ship just a cable to me here in New Zealand if I can just buy a standard
one off the shelf over here.
Thanks
Richard

I would be extremely surprised if it was any different from a standard USB A to B cable. If you ever bought a printer, you probably have one of those in a drawer somewhere.

BTW, Solar Assistant is a great piece of software. I struggled to be able to monitor my MPP LV5048 on-line but Solar Assistant came to the rescue. It was easy to set up and I use it daily to monitor the performance of my grid tied system. It was well worth the money.
Any yes, it uses a standard USB cable.

BTW, Solar Assistant is a great piece of software. I struggled to be able to monitor my MPP LV5048 on-line but Solar Assistant came to the rescue. It was easy to set up and I use it daily to monitor the performance of my grid tied system. It was well worth the money.
Any yes, it uses a standard USB cable.
I have just installed a Growatt SPF6000 ES and for the life of me I cannot get their Wifi dongle to connect.
Never had luck with wifi so I always go wired with LAN if I can.
So that is why I have ordered the Solar Assistant.
Thanks
Richard

Hi
Is this USB Type B cable that Solar Assistant sell just a standard cable or is it something special to Solar Assistant?
View attachment 192564
I forgot to order the cable with my Solar Assistant kit.
Very expensive to ship just a cable to me here in New Zealand if I can just buy a standard
one off the shelf over here.
Thanks
Richard
The needed cable should have come with your Growatt unit.
I would be extremely surprised if it was any different from a standard USB A to B cable. If you ever bought a printer, you probably have one of those in a drawer somewhere.
It is different.
A standard printer cable will not work.

Back