diy solar

diy solar

Solar diagram review. 48V

Madizell

Hi all,

This is my first ever solar system. I have the following:

- eight ET Solar Group ET-P672280 (280W) solar panels in series of 2, 4 series parallel

- one ECO-WORTHY 4 String PV Combiner Box with Lightning Arreste, 10A Rated Current Fuse and Circuit Breakers 63A.

- one growatt Off Grod Solar Invetter SPF 3000TL LVM

- 2 simpliphi 48v batteries.

Please see my diagram below and critic if you can. I have not yet drawn in the ac breaker. And the fuse coming from the battery should be rated at 80a, not 100a.
20211204_094134.jpg

Yeah, other than the combiner box diagram not looking right (you've got all your PV+ and PV- jumpered together) you've got the right idea.

Draw a blow-up of the combiner connections. All the + leads from your panel strings should end at the the bottoms of the breakers, and all the panel - should be mounted on the negative bussbar. If you are using a combiner box with breakers for each string, don't label them as fuses.

Draw a blow-up of the combiner connections. All the + leads from your panel strings should end at the the bottoms of the breakers, and all the panel - should be mounted on the negative bussbar. If you are using a combiner box with breakers for each string, don't label them as fuses.
I apologize for my lazy diagram drawing.

The combiner box I'm using has 10a fuses on each positive lead from pv, and a 63a breaker for the lead going to the charge controller. The wires are obviously not going to be connected together, they have separate connection in this preqired box

So besides the wiring on the box (which Is not accurately depicted here), any other concerns?

Saying the combiner box has fuses is confusing. The proper term is "breaker". When you look at the interior of the combiner, you'll see three major elements for wire attachment. First, is the positive bussbar, into which all your breakers are mounted, usually horizontally mounted at the very top of the combiner. Next will be a vertically oriented Negative bussbar, to which all your solar negative wires get mounted. Finally there might be another vertically oriented bussbar on the opposite side from the negative bussbar which are for grounding connections.

The combiner as shown in the link has four DIN mounted fuse holders (LKET) for the PV panels, one Dual DC breaker (PUFA, input is fed from PV fuse holders), and surge protector.

Last edited:
The combiner as shown in the link has four DIN mounted fuse holder (LKET) for the PV panels, one Dual DC breaker (PUFA, input is fed from PV fuse holder), and surge protector.
Ah, didn't see that link. That combiner is fairly different in configuration than the combiners I'm familar with.

Back