diy solar

diy solar

Solar isn't magical

True, but worth it for how quiet it is compared to the propane generator running for hours at a time. Plus I can reduce my reliance on propane...

We'll eventually hopefully work out better methods for recycling, but you're right, humans for the most part do not have much forward thinking, especially on what new problems will be created by the 'holy grail' solution to solve the old problem.

So far, I just leave my older systems in place, so I will continue to have more and more options in time to fall back on (power redundancy)...

There is no grid at my place anyway, the only goal is to just to have power at all.

I've never even felt enough incentive to file for any of these, I don't really care about trying to get a few bucks back.

I just thankful I can make my own power for now and have light at night. Also thankful for Starlink, it's amazing...
Opinion adjusted from 1000 miles away.

True, but worth it for how quiet it is compared to the propane generator running for hours at a time. Plus I can reduce my reliance on propane...

We'll eventually hopefully work out better methods for recycling, but you're right, humans for the most part do not have much forward thinking, especially on what new problems will be created by the 'holy grail' solution to solve the old problem. Oh well, I accept that this world isn't perfect, but just try to keep doing the best I can to be part of the solution and not part of the problem.

So far, I just leave my older systems in place, so I will continue to have more and more options in time to fall back on (power redundancy)...

There is no grid at my place anyway, the only goal is to just to have power at all.

I've never even felt enough incentive to file for any of these, I don't really care about trying to get a few bucks back.

I just thankful I can make my own power for now and have light at night. Also thankful for Starlink, it's amazing...
Accepting there ARE no solutions, is key.

Then it gets personal. You n yours.
Suburban neighbour 'friend' kill you for survival.

Frankly, bud, your perspective is jilted and off-kilter. What is your argument? "Solar isn't worth it, recycling isn't worth it, the end of the world is nigh, global climate change can't be stopped, just accept it and consume as if there was no tomorrow?"

We consume raw materials and/or fossil fuels one way or the other. Consume some raw materials now, to compensate your power needs for at least the next 20 years sure seems like a hella return to me. Or don't and continue living off the consumption of fossil fuels.

Nothing in this world is completely set and forget. So, is your argument that because you'll have to perform occasional maintenance that the entire system should be scrapped?

Your logic is broken, friend, but you don't see it because you're pessimistic and jilted by a broken society. It's not all fire and brimstone. Intelligent, good-hearted, well-meaning people do exist.

Accepting there ARE no solutions, is key.

Then it gets personal. You n yours.
Suburban neighbour 'friend' kill you for survival.

My goal isn't really survival. My goal is to just have fun. If someone kills me, I'll go somewhere else and be fine wherever I am.

1. The normal collapse is imminent. Check your grocery/ gas bill.
System collapse ( even for supposed prepper types like.me,)isn't theoretical. It's today.
I solar, because I'm independence minded. I have guns.
Very constitution country founder minded.
Solar isn't my thing.
Surviving a collapse is.
For a couple months anyway.
Solar helps that. Then, its hunger/ lack of sleep/ outta ammo.

1. The normal collapse is imminent. Check your grocery/ gas bill.
System collapse ( even for supposed prepper types like.me,)isn't theoretical. It's today.
I solar, because I'm independence minded. I have guns.
Very constitution country founder minded.
Solar isn't my thing.
Surviving a collapse is.
For a couple months anyway.
Solar helps that. Then, its hunger/ lack of sleep/ outta ammo.
I survived the 1970s. This is nothing in comparison. And then great prosperity followed.

I wasn"t trying to create a shitstorm
What exactly was your intention in making this thread and antagonizing people if not to try to stir the shit?
Calling people who disagree with your blackpilled, nihilist views "bots" is what I am referring to as antagonizing.

edit: are you really here trying to engage in a productive conversation?

I don't know, reading through what people need to do to get their LFP batteries to work sounds like a magical spell being cast...

Top balance the cells
Charge with exactly 3.65v
Dance widdershins 3 times per cell (gets exhausting on 48v banks!)
Wire the extra BMS leads in a anit-clockwise pattern weaving in the name of your favorite eldritch horror/god
Summon the spirit of Harald Bluetooth to speak to the captured spirits of Lithium and Phosphate
Bind the spirits in Iron
Incant the charge profile settings into your SCC

Yup, solar is magic! :LOL:

I didn't spin it OT .
I simply noted the illogic, while being a fan of it, in limited circumstance.
Selfish personal reasons, as is the only way ANY renewables work.
Numbers,without agendas.
Hook your solar house to your neighbour, after spending that money, out of your pocket.

Don't say stupid shit.

I don't know, reading through what people need to do to get their LFP batteries to work sounds like a magical spell being cast...

Top balance the cells
Charge with exactly 3.65v
Dance widdershins 3 times per cell (gets exhausting on 48v banks!)
Wire the extra BMS leads in a anit-clockwise pattern weaving in the name of your favorite eldritch horror/god
Summon the spirit of Harald Bluetooth to speak to the captured spirits of Lithium and Phosphate
Bind the spirits in Iron
Incant the charge profile settings into your SCC

Yup, solar is magic! :LOL:
Agreed

What exactly was your intention in making this thread and antagonizing people if not to try to stir the shit?
Calling people who disagree with your blackpilled, nihilist views "bots" is what I am referring to as antagonizing.

He's drunk and bored. The later it gets in the evening he has another beer and his posts get more off the rails.

We'll eventually hopefully work out better methods for recycling, but you're right, humans for the most part do not have much forward thinking, especially on what new problems will be created by the 'holy grail' solution to solve the old problem. Oh well, I accept that this world isn't perfect, but just try to keep doing the best I can to be part of the solution and not part of the problem.

I'm just thankful I can make my own power for now and have light at night. Also thankful for Starlink, it's amazing...
I remember the first time I kicked on the lights w no gen running.
It WAS magical.

Oh, they don't need to do all that if f they're not perfectionists.
Those things will work just fine, run your fridgies and things, keep your lights quite bright and not let you worry much at all. :·)
-

He's a troll, don't engage. Any engagement and they win.

diy solar

diy solar
Back