diy solar

diy solar

Solar panel issues

flashflood21

I have 12 460 watt Bluesun bifacial panels. I have a set of 4 in series going to one EG4 3000ex inverter and 8 in series going to the other EG4 3000ex inverter running in split phase. I have had my system set up for about 7 months now and I have noticed I haven't even come close to my solar arrays max output. I started with 2 series of 6 panels and probably saw a max of 4.5kw in output this summer. I had to move my panels around for the winter to their current configuration of 4 and 8. I have never gotten over 3.4 kw now.

I checked my inverter that has 8 panels and it reads 368 volts and 4 amps. My inverter with 4 panels reads 158 volts and 10 amps. Full south facing sun mid day. I started messing around with the array with 8 thinking I had a bad panel. All measure the same voltage. I don't have a multimeter that reads amps in DC. I split the panels into groups of 4. Each set of 4 in series read the same at around 160 volts and 10 amps. I then put 6 in series and they increased in voltage but decreased to 6 amps. It seem like for every panel I hook up in series the amps drop by 1.5 amps. So I am maxing out at around 1500 watts no matter how many panels I have in series.

Not sure what's going on with this? Is it a setting I possibly have wrong or is it a bad panel? What am I missing?

Thanks, i saw that but was looking for 3000EX. Hopefully same.

I dunno. I will assume your batteries are not near full where charging would be tapering.

Sorry
Yeah I got it mixed up. The 3000ehv is what I have. I am going to try and switch pv lines on the inverters tomorrow and see if its the inverter that is the issue.

Back