diy solar

diy solar

Solar Panel price Soaring after June 6th?

Does this section 301 tariff include batteries and inverters? If so, and if there’s even a slight chance I might as well either diy a battery or buy some batteries and get an inverter

Does this section 301 tariff include batteries and inverters? If so, and if there’s even a slight chance I might as well either diy a battery or buy some batteries and get an inverter
From government on 301:

The tariff rate on solar cells (whether or not assembled into modules) will increase from 25% to 50% in 2024.

The tariff rate on lithium-ion EV batteries will increase from 7.5%% to 25% in 2024, while the tariff rate on lithium-ion non-EV batteries will increase from 7.5% to 25% in 2026. The tariff rate on battery parts will increase from 7.5% to 25% in 2024.

The tariff rate on semiconductors will increase from 25% to 50% by 2025.

From Project Solar:

• August 1, 2024: Tariffs on solar panels will double to 50%.
  • January 1, 2025: Tariffs on semiconductors will double to 50%.
  • January 1, 2026: Tariffs on lithium-ion batteries will increase to 25%.

I expect prices will shoot up at the start of August, as everyone tries to push for the highest price they can under new market conditions. Then a steady decline over few months to somewhere above now, maybe only a few cents. I wouldn't be surprised if that increase is more than offset by falling prices in Asia.

I had just read that most of this tariff stuff applies to product coming from Asia, mainly China.
I'm hoping the stuff coming the states and Mexico doesn't get hit like that.
Butthen again, I wonder if it's going to be like a petroleum snafu. Chevron has a fire in their refining plant but yet every other brand jacks the price up along Chevron. Never could understand how that works.

That's like me getting a flat tire on my food truck, so raise prices a few days to offset the hit.
So then every other food truck in town jacks their price because I got a flat tire? :fp2

I had just read that most of this tariff stuff applies to product coming from Asia, mainly China.
I'm hoping the stuff coming the states and Mexico doesn't get hit like that.
Butthen again, I wonder if it's going to be like a petroleum snafu. Chevron has a fire in their refining plant but yet every other brand jacks the price up along Chevron. Never could understand how that works.

That's like me getting a flat tire on my food truck, so raise prices a few days to offset the hit.
So then every other food truck in town jacks their price because I got a flat tire? :fp2
Yeah, my favorite is how gasoline supply chain issues cause prices to rise immediately, but once the problem is solved it takes weeks for the price to drop.

It's like if you noticed that other food trucks raised their prices for _whatever_ reason, so you raised yours to capture a little excess profit.

diy solar

diy solar
Back