diy solar

diy solar

Solar Panels - Low purchase quantity

I haven't purchased from the below, they have many locations, I am in Palm Coast, FL and they have a store in Daytone, FL which is 30 miles from me.
here is their store in Las Vegas
edit: typo and missing letters
Yep - I purchased my first 6 panels for local pickup in Arizona from them. Great to work with. Note that they may have some things that aren't listed on the web site. For example, I wanted a local place to pick up some of the iron ridge rails to avoid the outlandish shipping on them. Even though these guys didn't have it listed on their site I called them and they hooked me up :)

If anybody has a line on where to get a small quantity of panels in midcoast/central Maine, please let me know. I'll be ordering a pallet late this year for a build, but right now I just need three panels to add a 900-1200 watt string to my current system, with a width of 40" max and height under 70" (300-400 watts/panel). Striking out with FB Marketplace and local buy-sell site. Santan and others seem to have 10 panel minimum, and Amazon seems to max out at about 220 watt panels (that are expensive, per watt). Thanks in advance for any ideas/leads.
I didn't think Santan has a minimum order of ten, I got eight bifacials from them in July 2022, but I haven't checked their site much lately. Still had to pay about $300 to ship them from AZ to KY. Signature Solar does have a ten panel minimum, tho.

This link was just posted earlier. Great deal. A little wider than you want but the right height Is New Jersey close enough?

Thanks for replying, but NJ is 500 miles away. Makes the pickup charge a bit expensive with my Tundra's low mpg. 😉

I'd suggest going to Greentech Renewables in Saco Maine. I was able to go directly to my local store and discuss and buy what I needed. They were friendly to my diy needs. Go directly, their website is set more for contractors, but at the store they helped me just fine.
Great suggestion.Thanks! Did not know of them. Can make a trip to Trader Joe's in Portland and get some decent sushi while down that way. We tend to do stuff like that when we venture down to the "urban" south. 😊

Anything I've ever tried to order from there had something like a seven or eight minimum.
Thanks @Subdood and @Andrewr05 . I was going by various listings I found on their website. Wouldn't let me select a quantity lower than 10, but maybe that was just a series of specific panels. Was also turned off by their "no replacements - just a credit/refund" policy if panels arrive damaged. I need (and can fit only) three panels for this particular need, and likely need all three for the SCC to get enough voltage to turn on. So if only two arrived OK, I'd just have paperweights. Will check them out when doing the "big build" later this year.

Great suggestion.Thanks! Did not know of them. Can make a trip to Trader Joe's in Portland and get some decent sushi while down that way. We tend to do stuff like that when we venture down to the "urban" south. 😊
Enjoy the sushi! I prefer to get panels locally, less chance for damage in shipment. FYI, I talked to my local store, and they had 2 panel types that met my needs. I went home, researched the two (they gave me spec sheets) then I went back to buy the next week. They let me into the warehouse and I verified the sticker. Then I bought (4 panels), they loaded my truck (my wife and I secured them) and that was that. I am sure they could probably arrange 'local' shipping.

If anybody has a line on where to get a small quantity of panels in midcoast/central Maine, please let me know. I'll be ordering a pallet late this year for a build, but right now I just need three panels to add a 900-1200 watt string to my current system, with a width of 40" max and height under 70" (300-400 watts/panel). Striking out with FB Marketplace and local buy-sell site. Santan and others seem to have 10 panel minimum, and Amazon seems to max out at about 220 watt panels (that are expensive, per watt). Thanks in advance for any ideas/leads.
Depending how much you loath going to MA, but I believe Alt E in boxborough carries PV stock at their warehouse.

Great price with these.

You would have to drive by Greentech in Saco, but AltE has been around for quite sometime and are a one stop stop for turn key systems helping the DIY crowd.

Back