diy solar

diy solar

Solar Panels not producing

gonzalez

Hi guys I am having a major issue...I installed 40- 430 watt solar panels on my roof and using a Sol15k inverter... panels are wired 6S6P (2 strings) and the last string 8S8P.
It seems that the highest I have seen the production is about 4.8kw on a sunny day and at times when the load is higher around 6kw I am having to pull from the grid or battery to make up the short fall. Any idea what could be causing the low production...panels were purchased new at the time of installation however I can't say if the supplier sold me a bad stock of defective mods. Any idea on testing to isolate the issues?
Thanks in advance

Hi gonzales...
I’m not an expert but thought I’d help get the thread started...
You have a combiner box I’m assuming ... the different strings do they converge into a unit before entering the SolArk..?

panels are wired 6S6P (2 strings) and the last string 8S8P.
As noted earlier that does not seem consistent with the 40 panels noted since 6x6x2 =72 not even counting the 64 that would come from 8S8P. The first thing I would check is each string individually and under full load measure voltage and current. Also strings on the same MPPT input should be configured the same, whatever that ends up being. I don't know the maximum string voltage of your inverter but it might be able to handle more panels in series

Back