diy solar

diy solar

Solar preparation for the crazyness that is coming.

Is true. Then say most common people didnt saw it.
But who could have predicted the lockdowns, the forcing of the 'vaccines' onto people, the trillions of dollars printed and gifted to people that ballooned the stock market and made the bond impending disaster.
My point is that preparing wouldnt have hurt.
I didn't 'foresee' it.
Knew it when it came though

I was thinking more about not delaying any potential expansion of your solar system because of potential high inflation in the future. I own completely my system, i have 4 hybrid inverters and operate off grid. If you can use more energy is probably good not to delay it so you are not hurting by energy prices in the future.

I became 40 years old yesterday. I used to be in good shape but i would need to start training again to run 5 miles with no serious effort.
I am getting my health right though, mostly by eating properly.

A year and a half ago there was a serious issue being discussed. If the us should impose a no fly zone over ukraine during the inital stages of the war. A lot of people in the congress was in favor of it not understanding that it would have escalated to a nuclear exchange very quickly. Everytime those nato speakers started a press conference i was grabbing my chair.

The economy now is like a drunk guy doing a rope walk. If you look at the number is scary.

I dont think it hurts to prepare. Nobody saw a pandemic coming for example.
Event 201 in 2019 did........

Last edited:
The only value of BTC is decentralization, ie using crypto END to END, without ever exchanging it to dollars.
But most people completely oblivious to that little fact.
You just stalk all my post?
Everything I posted this morning in very random threads you are there.
That’s a little weird.

You just stalk all my post?
Everything I posted this morning in very random threads you are there.
That’s a little weird.

I do not. Just trying to keep people focused on the agenda and make comments on topics that i have knowledge/found relevant info.
I have nothing against anyone personally nor do i stalk/track posts, thats laughable.

Great idea to prepare and my wife and I have been doing it for the last five years. Unfortunately, at the end of the day, I'm not sure if our efforts will really do much. I think the situation may well be far worse than I was imagining when we started.

Some of my assumptions were likely too optimistic. The idea that there is a "we" in America and that our government is part of that we. The idea that huge conspiracies, of the kind that feels like its in full swing now, are unlikely. And, lastly, the idea that the worst case scenario was depression or economic collapse. I think I was naive with these assumptions.

Those assumptions led us to get a remote 50 acres in Alaska (helicopter delivered our building supplies over the years) and to dig a root cellar and to pressure can and dry store and freeze dry a sizable stash of food that will last my wife and me for about a decade if that's all we consumed. And, thankfully, to finally install 7KW of bifacial panels with 38KW of lithium and wire everything up to power our cabin. Still working on putting up the other 35KW of solar panels we have, installing a water collection system (right now we just collect rainwater into 55 gallon barrels but have to empty them in winter), building a greenhouse and chicken coop, and setting up our portable saw mill.

We don't see people unless we leave our property and it's a mile on a tracked ATV to get here from the nearest dirt road. We have moose, grouse, snowshoe hare, and black bear all over the place for meat. We have a large supply of ghee stored and consider it liquid gold since it will supply the fats that will be hard to come by on our property (outside of from future chicken eggs). We have tons of berries and edible plants in the summer, and we finally had a good potato harvest during our second summer as we're still learning.

We have a lifetime of wood to heat with, border hundreds of thousands of acres of huntable public property and rivers and lakes to fish from (would be a challenge to get to though, it's rugged here) and have almost completed the install of a Mitsubishi Hyper Heat to heat the cabin in the shoulder season using solar.

We own all this outright after two solid careers and liquidating our 401Ks, and yet because of my likely too optimistic assumptions, I'm not sure how much it will matter. It may even prove to put us in a poor position as things continue to deteriorate.

It seems to me that a real effort is being made to conquer the United States and perhaps "the West." We are taught never to attribute to malice that which can be explained by incompetence, and while I think that applies when they get your order wrong at a drive through, I don't think it applies when discussing what is going on in our nation and world today. And I don't mean this administration, I mean since September 11th where something that has been happening for a much longer time has accelerated greatly.

I'm not concerned with partisan politics and I think that stuff is for show to keep us divided and fighting each other. I'm not saying there aren't real partisan differences, I'm just convinced that those behind whatever curtain exists are only concerned with those things for our public consumption. While they continue thieving from our nation, from our citizens, from future generations and they continue to suck the life out of our nation and perhaps the West.

I think my assumption that our government was the enemy we know, but was on our side, was incorrect. As we have had puppet governments that our government has controlled, I believe something like that has happened in America. Who is behind it? I have no idea. I'm sure the lines are blurry in our new "flat" reality. But I am not convinced those behind it are motivated by national identity as they once were. I think palms are greased internationally and strings are pulled in the same way. And I think those people are calling the shots.

What has me the most concerned is what seems overwhelmingly purposeful to degrade our nation economically and militarily. The security threats that are being introduced, the multi-faceted targeting of our military-aged citizens and those who would replace them, policies with our military leading to a recruiting crisis, the takeover of our media which has devolved from "biased" in years past to flat out propaganda today, and the great gains to control the Internet and turn it into a tool of tyranny that eclipses the old "kill your TV" days. I could understand our disastrous fiscal policy as being motivated simply by greed, but these other concerted efforts lead me to believe whatever is happening is worse than I had imagined. Because if what I think I perceive is correct, then the scary question is "why are they doing this." And the answer is truly frightening. It seems the way is being paved for an actual invasion and take over of the nation. I hope I'm wrong, I desperately hope that I am.

If I am not, then we are going to experience something truly horrific. We are a population that has been tracked, surveilled, analyzed, diagrammed and mapped for decades as we pay for multiple spy devices that we have allowed to collect on us. While I'm a fervent supporter of the Second Amendment, I am reminded that those words don't protect a right to keep and bear guns. They protected a right that was much broader, but is not exercised. While our nation argues over magazine capacity and plastic parts, the technology of warfare has changed immensely. While some are fond of saying "stack up" and Molon Labe under the illusion that their firearm will protect them, I think that assumption will prove as useful as a Native American's spear did in the face of gunpowder. The tools of violence have changed, they are cheap, they are numerous, and an AR-15, though useful against thugs and mobs, will do nothing to defend against what I fear might be coming.

Those in the cities will be easy to control. But those of us on the outskirts with our solar panels proudly boasting our independence, may find ourselves at the top of the most detailed list any invading power or tyrant might hope to have. We will be the first to experience the new cheap technological tools of violence that use the roadmap we have happily provided the data collectors along with satellite imagery and other technologies we're not aware exist. We are nowhere even remotely in a 1776 moment, Americans are nothing like any guerrilla force or defiant population of the past despite our folklore and bravado, and the weapons of warfare are much different than they were even a couple decades ago.

Because of this unprecedented disparity between us and whoever "them" may be, we are seeing the mask slip. The tyranny is becoming much more overt. All of our American sacred norms are being dismantled, and what is emerging cannot be described as American in any way. While our history is far from perfect and we have had serious issues in our past, something seems different to me. We like to say the pendulum will swing back, but when it comes to stopping a pendulum in its tracks, I think there's now an app for that.

Prepare as best you can, what else can you do. But I'm not sure any of us can truly prepare for what's coming.

Great idea to prepare and my wife and I have been doing it for the last five years. Unfortunately, at the end of the day, I'm not sure if our efforts will really do much. I think the situation may well be far worse than I was imagining when we started.

Some of my assumptions were likely too optimistic. The idea that there is a "we" in America and that our government is part of that we. The idea that huge conspiracies, of the kind that feels like its in full swing now, are unlikely. And, lastly, the idea that the worst case scenario was depression or economic collapse. I think I was naive with these assumptions.

Those assumptions led us to get a remote 50 acres in Alaska (helicopter delivered our building supplies over the years) and to dig a root cellar and to pressure can and dry store and freeze dry a sizable stash of food that will last my wife and me for about a decade if that's all we consumed. And, thankfully, to finally install 7KW of bifacial panels with 38KW of lithium and wire everything up to power our cabin. Still working on putting up the other 35KW of solar panels we have, installing a water collection system (right now we just collect rainwater into 55 gallon barrels but have to empty them in winter), building a greenhouse and chicken coop, and setting up our portable saw mill.

We don't see people unless we leave our property and it's a mile on a tracked ATV to get here from the nearest dirt road. We have moose, grouse, snowshoe hare, and black bear all over the place for meat. We have a large supply of ghee stored and consider it liquid gold since it will supply the fats that will be hard to come by on our property (outside of from future chicken eggs). We have tons of berries and edible plants in the summer, and we finally had a good potato harvest during our second summer as we're still learning.

We have a lifetime of wood to heat with, border hundreds of thousands of acres of huntable public property and rivers and lakes to fish from (would be a challenge to get to though, it's rugged here) and have almost completed the install of a Mitsubishi Hyper Heat to heat the cabin in the shoulder season using solar.

We own all this outright after two solid careers and liquidating our 401Ks, and yet because of my likely too optimistic assumptions, I'm not sure how much it will matter. It may even prove to put us in a poor position as things continue to deteriorate.

It seems to me that a real effort is being made to conquer the United States and perhaps "the West." We are taught never to attribute to malice that which can be explained by incompetence, and while I think that applies when they get your order wrong at a drive through, I don't think it applies when discussing what is going on in our nation and world today. And I don't mean this administration, I mean since September 11th where something that has been happening for a much longer time has accelerated greatly.

I'm not concerned with partisan politics and I think that stuff is for show to keep us divided and fighting each other. I'm not saying there aren't real partisan differences, I'm just convinced that those behind whatever curtain exists are only concerned with those things for our public consumption. While they continue thieving from our nation, from our citizens, from future generations and they continue to suck the life out of our nation and perhaps the West.

I think my assumption that our government was the enemy we know, but was on our side, was incorrect. As we have had puppet governments that our government has controlled, I believe something like that has happened in America. Who is behind it? I have no idea. I'm sure the lines are blurry in our new "flat" reality. But I am not convinced those behind it are motivated by national identity as they once were. I think palms are greased internationally and strings are pulled in the same way. And I think those people are calling the shots.

What has me the most concerned is what seems overwhelmingly purposeful to degrade our nation economically and militarily. The security threats that are being introduced, the multi-faceted targeting of our military-aged citizens and those who would replace them, policies with our military leading to a recruiting crisis, the takeover of our media which has devolved from "biased" in years past to flat out propaganda today, and the great gains to control the Internet and turn it into a tool of tyranny that eclipses the old "kill your TV" days. I could understand our disastrous fiscal policy as being motivated simply by greed, but these other concerted efforts lead me to believe whatever is happening is worse than I had imagined. Because if what I think I perceive is correct, then the scary question is "why are they doing this." And the answer is truly frightening. It seems the way is being paved for an actual invasion and take over of the nation. I hope I'm wrong, I desperately hope that I am.

If I am not, then we are going to experience something truly horrific. We are a population that has been tracked, surveilled, analyzed, diagrammed and mapped for decades as we pay for multiple spy devices that we have allowed to collect on us. While I'm a fervent supporter of the Second Amendment, I am reminded that those words don't protect a right to keep and bear guns. They protected a right that was much broader, but is not exercised. While our nation argues over magazine capacity and plastic parts, the technology of warfare has changed immensely. While some are fond of saying "stack up" and Molon Labe under the illusion that their firearm will protect them, I think that assumption will prove as useful as a Native American's spear did in the face of gunpowder. The tools of violence have changed, they are cheap, they are numerous, and an AR-15, though useful against thugs and mobs, will do nothing to defend against what I fear might be coming.

Those in the cities will be easy to control. But those of us on the outskirts with our solar panels proudly boasting our independence, may find ourselves at the top of the most detailed list any invading power or tyrant might hope to have. We will be the first to experience the new cheap technological tools of violence that use the roadmap we have happily provided the data collectors along with satellite imagery and other technologies we're not aware exist. We are nowhere even remotely in a 1776 moment, Americans are nothing like any guerrilla force or defiant population of the past despite our folklore and bravado, and the weapons of warfare are much different than they were even a couple decades ago.

Because of this unprecedented disparity between us and whoever "them" may be, we are seeing the mask slip. The tyranny is becoming much more overt. All of our American sacred norms are being dismantled, and what is emerging cannot be described as American in any way. While our history is far from perfect and we have had serious issues in our past, something seems different to me. We like to say the pendulum will swing back, but when it comes to stopping a pendulum in its tracks, I think there's now an app for that.

Prepare as best you can, what else can you do. But I'm not sure any of us can truly prepare for what's coming.
Regardless of whatever technology the government has. Korea, Vietnam and Afghanistan show it doesn’t matter and may even be a detriment.

You cannot control 80+ million armed people
Over 9000 sq miles.
Not even with technology.

Reliance on technology creates gaps and blind spots to good old fashion sneaker net and dead drops.

Chin up and prepare..

Regardless of whatever technology the government has. Korea, Vietnam and Afghanistan show it doesn’t matter and may even be a detriment.

Over 9000 sq miles.

Reliance on technology creates gaps and blind spots to good old fashion sneaker net and dead drops.

Chin up and prepare..

Maybe, but if they succeed implementing biometric digital ID and CBDCs then they will indeed achieve control over the vast majority of people without firing a single bullet.
Sure, there will be outcast groups that are almost self-sufficient, but they will forever be separated from "civilization" and their life will not be very pretty (Unless you are the type that sits in one place your entire life within the same group of people. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but that is NOT most people).

This is why we have to resist these things NOW (And the good news is that people are starting to).

Over 9000 sq miles.

Chin up and prepare..

Koreans, Vietnamese, and Afghanis did not provide all their patterns of life, social networks, and psychological data as Americans have now for decades. Some Afghanis had cell phones, but nowhere near the scale of the average American. Koreans, Vietnamese and Afghanis produced their own food and lived in a very different way than Americans do. They were far more resilient as a result. They had the support of foreign governments, something I seriously doubt Americans (who are and will be divided beyond borders and lines) will enjoy.

Technology is a game changer and the American citizen isn't on the winning side of that game.

Well I think this thread took a turn from the titles intent. I think we all prepare somewhat on a level of the knowledge & skills we each have. As far as solar goes, well if civilization craps out & the chain snaps I'd be concerned with spare parts such as an extra panel or two, controller, wire etc.
It would suck if after all the upgrades I couldn't watch football at camp anymore. On the bright side (pun intended) I do find reloading therapeutic.

The only real benefit of solar is partial energy independence in case of rationing/blackouts/brownouts.
The rest is wishful "feel good".

The only real benefit of solar is partial energy independence in case of rationing/blackouts/brownouts.
The rest is wishful "feel good".

I'm looking forward to making charcoal and running a gasifier to power a generator to supply energy. I'll keep adding solar panels to our existing system, but I'm also going to try to build a duplicate more hidden and hardened system while stockpiling charcoal.

Hopefully that stockpile never gets burned and years later I'm laughing at my present concern that bad actors (whoever they might be) might pepper my panels from the air to deprive my energy production. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Maybe, but if they succeed implementing biometric digital ID and CBDCs then they will indeed achieve control over the vast majority of people without firing a single bullet.
Sure, there will be outcast groups that are almost self-sufficient, but they will forever be separated from "civilization" and their life will not be very pretty (Unless you are the type that sits in one place your entire life within the same group of people. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but that is NOT most people).

This is why we have to resist these things NOW (And the good news is that people are starting to).
They can implement all they want.
Only liberals will comply.
If and when it becomes an issue of not being able to pay bills or get food or medical care then it will become an armed conflict.
Your not forcing this on a population that doesn’t want it.

Koreans, Vietnamese, and Afghanis did not provide all their patterns of life, social networks, and psychological data as Americans have now for decades. Some Afghanis had cell phones, but nowhere near the scale of the average American. Koreans, Vietnamese and Afghanis produced their own food and lived in a very different way than Americans do. They were far more resilient as a result. They had the support of foreign governments, something I seriously doubt Americans (who are and will be divided beyond borders and lines) will enjoy.

Technology is a game changer and the American citizen isn't on the winning side of that game.
Most of us use technology but are not bound by it.
If we lost the internet tomorrow it wouldn’t affect us whatsoever.

Most of who live rural might not grow everything we eat but we barter with the farmers / Animal producers enough to survive quite easily.

If you live in a or near a big city.
Bad news.

What support do we need?
More guns and ammo in the hand of civilians than the military.
Food rurally is still available and will be protected.

Will there be a decline in living standards.
Sure but the prepared won’t starve for sure.

Rural people are more resilient than you think.

Most of us use technology but are not bound by it.
If we lost the internet tomorrow it wouldn’t affect us whatsoever.

Most of who live rural might not grow everything we eat but we barter with the farmers / Animal producers enough to survive quite easily.

If you live in a or near a big city.
Bad news.

What support do we need?
More guns and ammo in the hand of civilians than the military.
Food rurally is still available and will be protected.

Will there be a decline in living standards.
Sure but the prepared won’t starve for sure.

Rural people are more resilient than you think.

I don't disagree. But when "they" have your coordinates, a map of all your travel over the past decade plus, a map of all your contacts, and cheap drones that can incapacitate you at will, then those other things don't matter. That's what I meant by the technological disparity. It's not about people being able to survive without using technology, it's that they have been using technology and thereby making themselves enormously vulnerable while lacking the technology to defend themselves. Guns and ammo are not going to even remotely cut it. Warfare is driven primarily by changes in technology, and Americans might have a vault filled with weapons which will be useful against mobs and looters, but they lack the ability to defend themselves against serious forces in our new reality.

I don't disagree. But when "they" have your coordinates, a map of all your travel over the past decade plus, a map of all your contacts, and cheap drones that can incapacitate you at will, then those other things don't matter. That's what I meant by the technological disparity. It's not about people being able to survive without using technology, it's that they have been using technology and thereby making themselves enormously vulnerable while lacking the technology to defend themselves. Guns and ammo are not going to even remotely cut it. Warfare is driven primarily by changes in technology, and Americans might have a vault filled with weapons which will be useful against mobs and looters, but they lack the ability to defend themselves against serious forces in our new reality.

That is just a small part of it, and they wont need drones with CBDCs. This is why they want it so badly. They simply cut you off from most of society if you refuse to comply.
As I said, if they succeed (i sincerely hope they wont, and in the long run they will most certainly fail due to attrition alone - I know from experience in the USSR).
But, they can make life miserable for a looong time (200 - 300 years?).
As i said, if they succeed, there will certainly be self-sustaining groups in the "wilds", but their life will not be easy, and vast majority of people will not even be able to sustain it (I think 95% of adult population can not run a mile with a 20 lb backpack).
All of this bravado only lasts until food runs out (2-3 weeks).
When USSR fell apart in the 90's we lived through a very miniature version of it (doing work under candle light with -30C outside in winter) but that is peanuts compared to what is coming, and it will be worldwide.
If you are in the city or near a city and "great reset" comes to pass, you will be severely effed, with being able to do absolutely nothing.
This is why i say again and again, stop hoping politicians will save you. They wont. They are ALL in on it.
The only way to resist is at our level, before its too late. (I made numerous posts on how in these threads)

Americans might have a vault filled with weapons which will be useful against mobs and looters, but they lack the ability to defend themselves against serious forces in our new reality.
True that. "Serious forces" I assume will be our own government unfortunately but our forces cannot win a war against guerrillas.. never have and never will ..and we would be the guerrillas.

I don't disagree. But when "they" have your coordinates, a map of all your travel over the past decade plus, a map of all your contacts, and cheap drones that can incapacitate you at will, then those other things don't matter. That's what I meant by the technological disparity. It's not
Who is going to focus on 1 person out millions doing nothing but surviving?

Your missing the point.

They cannot effectively go after or even manage 300 million + people much less do anything to them on a mass scale.

Maybe 1 or a group but if you have millions not complying and actively fighting against it then it’s game over for the government.

I don’t care how much technology they have.
They don’t have the resources to manage that many people simultaneously.

Back