diy solar

diy solar

Solis Techview

Anyone using Solis Cloud with this inverter, do you have the PV generation displayed?

On my overview I've got a gap at the top left where it looks like PV could be displayed. Top right is grid, bottom left is battery and bottom right is load.

The inverter appears to be working fine. Charging overnight worked and I was charging today with the excess solar (battery wasn't at 100%).

It's just the app that doesn't have any record of any generation. Today yield is 0 and Current Power only ever showed 0 as well. But I know there was 2kw of solar generation today (via another monitor).
I have the RAI and the Cloud app seems to have no concept of the PV being AC coupled even though it has a CT on the PV output - I think the app and ecosystem has been largely coded around hybrid or standalone inverters which is a bit rubbish IMO

I have the RAI and the Cloud app seems to have no concept of the PV being AC coupled even though it has a CT on the PV output - I think the app and ecosystem has been largely coded around hybrid or standalone inverters which is a bit rubbish IMO
Submit a ticket to Solis support.

I'm not sure if it's a config error that I did when signing up to the cloud and registering the 'plant', or there's something up their end. However support were able to fix it so that I've now got PV generation displayed in Solis Cloud for the 3K 5G RAI AC Inverter.

Probably worth doing at the same time as requesting remote control.

Something to note on the remote control. Under the Time to Charge settings, there are 3 times you can set to charge, with 3 different charge rates. That's not true when it sets to the inverter - only the first charge rate is ever used (so, you can't charge for 2 hours at 10a, then 2 hours at 50a, etc. It would all be at 10a if you did that).

Hi, my first post also.

I have just programmed my RAI-3K-48ES-5G from the control panel to charge on economy 7 but as my inverter is in a loft space it would be far more convenient to use the Techview app. However, firstly I've noticed you need to be almost on top of the inverter to get a decent WiFi signal and secondly the passwords "solis123" or "solis123456" are not working so I can't connect to the Solis WiFi. Any there any other passwords known to anyone?

Is it even possible to change the charge times from the Techview app?

Thanks.
Does your inverter have the little wifi antenna attached at the bottom? I could well imagine an installer leaving that off.

Mine seems to have quite impressive range going through two thick brick walls.

Not yet TechView is much help other than for viewing current use.

Submit a ticket to Solis support.
Did that months ago, it sat doing nothing until the guy from UK support contacted me with the user manual for Techview - I then passed on all the weird stuff and it went back to 'head office' apparently - haven't heard back since so not holding my breath :rolleyes: but interesting that your experience with the plant registration seems to be the underlying cause - I'll flag that at some point - the only thing I'm using the cloud info for is the SoC value otherwise I have separate monitoring for all the other values...

Anyone using Solis Cloud with this inverter, do you have the PV generation displayed?

On my overview I've got a gap at the top left where it looks like PV could be displayed. Top right is grid, bottom left is battery and bottom right is load.

The inverter appears to be working fine. Charging overnight worked and I was charging today with the excess solar (battery wasn't at 100%).

It's just the app that doesn't have any record of any generation. Today yield is 0 and Current Power only ever showed 0 as well. But I know there was 2kw of solar generation today (via another monitor).
I have the same on my display. All my panels use micro inverters under the panels, some EnecSys and some Enphase. I was told that because I don't have a Solis String inverter for the the panels the app wouldn't be able to see the output from the panels. I believe removing this solar feed input (top left) is controlled by the cloud administrators as it was briefly visible on my app then turned off as I don't use their hardware.
I have to monitor my Enphase micro inverters with a Enphase Envoy S Standard Communication Gateway and the EnecSys micro inverters are monitored via the original EnecSys gateway and a Rasberry Pie local to my network. EnecSys went out of business some years ago and finding a monitoring system was a problem although an online system has been set up by someone now for a fee.

Did that months ago, it sat doing nothing until the guy from UK support contacted me with the user manual for Techview - I then passed on all the weird stuff and it went back to 'head office' apparently - haven't heard back since so not holding my breath :rolleyes: but interesting that your experience with the plant registration seems to be the underlying cause - I'll flag that at some point - the only thing I'm using the cloud info for is the SoC value otherwise I have separate monitoring for all the other values...
You're welcome to quote my ticket number (133683). So the Solis support agent can use the same solution from my ticket. This is for the missing PV Output value in Solis Cloud.

TechView is practically useless for me too - I just use it to remotely monitor SOC. I'm guessing this app is mostly treated as EOL at Ginlong.

I have the same on my display. All my panels use micro inverters under the panels, some EnecSys and some Enphase. I was told that because I don't have a Solis String inverter for the the panels the app wouldn't be able to see the output from the panels. I believe removing this solar feed input (top left) is controlled by the cloud administrators as it was briefly visible on my app then turned off as I don't use their hardware.
I have to monitor my Enphase micro inverters with a Enphase Envoy S Standard Communication Gateway and the EnecSys micro inverters are monitored via the original EnecSys gateway and a Rasberry Pie local to my network. EnecSys went out of business some years ago and finding a monitoring system was a problem although an online system has been set up by someone now for a fee.
Mine is all micro inverters under the panels. PV now showing fine now whatever Solis support changed on my account.

Total Yield is still 0 (I think this is a different bug), but I do get a display and values for current production and the detailed charts below the flow graphic on the overview.

My Solid Cloud keeps switching between the full detailed view with the proper chart, and a much simpler view with just a generation figure in an arc.

Anyone else getting this?

My Solid Cloud keeps switching between the full detailed view with the proper chart, and a much simpler view with just a generation figure in an arc.

I haven't had those symptoms but the last few days I have often found I couldn't get any information on the phone app, it was as if I wasn't logged in but it said the system was online. The app worked OK yesterday and today seems OK so hopefully normal service has resumed.

Does your inverter have the little wifi antenna attached at the bottom? I could well imagine an installer leaving that off.

Mine seems to have quite impressive range going through two thick brick walls.

Not yet TechView is much help other than for viewing current use.
Sorry, only just seen this. No there is no other antenna apart from the WiFi dongle that connects to my internet. I'll look into this, I should have an antenna from an old router about somewhere that might do the job.

Not me, but lots of people on a FB group I'm on have seen this. Solis are updating the app to try and fix some of the figures, like the battery charge from grid showing as "generated power".

Sorry, only just seen this. No there is no other antenna apart from the WiFi dongle that connects to my internet. I'll look into this, I should have an antenna from an old router about somewhere that might do the job.
It seems like a pretty standard wifi antenna. Goes in the port behind where the dongle connects.

You can raise a ticket with Solis to ask for Remote Control from the App or Solis cloud website. You'll need a G3 datalogger and fairly recent firmware. I can change my battery charge times from my phone or laptop using that.
View attachment 132615
I have remote control permission and can access the Control Inverter option as per above image, but cannot see any option to change battery charge time once I access control. Can you help?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-08 at 16.11.59.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-08 at 16.11.59.png
    66.2 KB · Views: 10
I have remote control permission and can access the Control Inverter option as per above image, but cannot see any option to change battery charge time once I access control. Can you help?
From that screen, go into Work Mode -> Self-consumption -> Charge and Discharge
Charge and Discharge.png

Perfect, thank you for the explanation, I obviously didn't look closely enough.
Also note, only the first charge current will count. If you set 3 different times, they'll all charge at the first rate.

I set mine to charge for a fixed amount of time overnight during the Economy 7 times and vary the rate depending on how much sun I'm expecting the next day.

15a for 7 hours gets my batteries from 20% to 75% which is ideal for my setup this time of year.

Not sure what Ginlong are playing at. The PV display has again disappeared from Solis Cloud.

If I made this many errors in my code, I'd have been fired long ago.

Not sure what Ginlong are playing at. The PV display has again disappeared from Solis Cloud.

If I made this many errors in my code, I'd have been fired long ago.
Update the Solis app, there was an update couple of days ago on app store.

Back