diy solar

diy solar

Source for Relays for BMS8T

I see, not really a easy answer with all the above variables. I think I will try the new $80 EV relays and we'll see how they do? At 200a they are a little short of the inverter's rated ability, but I can't see utilizing it's full rating off grid...
OPTION: You could try these from Jimmy as well, the VOLT & Panasonic relays are good and he does test them and you can't beat the price.

I've got a chargery 100amp and 400amp relay I'm willing to let go of, replacing with 2 bluesea latching relays. Make me an offer if you're interested. The 100amp one has a bent up arm (how it came to me), but it looks like it would work fine.

I've got a chargery 100amp and 400amp relay I'm willing to let go of, replacing with 2 bluesea latching relays. Make me an offer if you're interested. The 100amp one has a bent up arm (how it came to me), but it looks like it would work fine.
If being used in a Common Port configuration the relays have to be the same Amp Rating as they are sharing the same common DC line and will see the same amperage throughput. If configured as Separate Port and you know the Charge Input will not exceed 75/80A then using the 100A relay for the Charge Relay then it would be fine, as the heavy load is passed through the discharge relay.

Cant wait to see what you all come up with. I'm holding off but also not gotten to that part of the build yet of needing the Relay. Currently deciding what I wasn't for the charge relay but may just keep it the same as discharge. My unit being a portable solar generator saving some power is important to me so using the Chargery Relay I'll pass on if you all come up with a better solution.

Partial SSR UPDATE:
I have the Two New 500A SSR's (Solid State Relays) coming, shipping out tomorrow as they have just completed internal factory tests.
The price is 78 usd/pcs, 2 pcs are 156usd.
The heat sink is 4.8usd/pcs, 2pcs are 9.6usd.
Shipping cost are 38usd, ship by UPS.
Total: 203.6usd.

LISTED AS OF THIS MORNING !
500A Heavy Terminal: (US $78.00)

https://www.alibaba.com/product-det....41413.12.397f7242O1c4py&fullFirstScreen=true

1000A Heavy Terminal: (US $128.00)

These are the LeiChuangTec
Ones by the way, NOT the new ones being done by Chargery.

5bdc3835f81092a5e1b8a7772edeac3e.jpg5d7132478d8e85999494b6161079aa00.jpg2320cca19d63e8466929952dca24aca5.jpge186ed67ac29390f9309e9283e9ae677.jpg

Partial SSR UPDATE:
I have the Two New 500A SSR's (Solid State Relays) coming, shipping out tomorrow as they have just completed internal factory tests.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-det....41413.12.397f7242O1c4py&fullFirstScreen=true

These are the LeiChuangTec Ones by the way, NOT the new ones being done by Chargery.

View attachment 10972View attachment 10973View attachment 10974View attachment 10975
Wow those look beefy!! Tempted to get these but I think 500A might be overkill for my setup? Specially for my charge relay. I will be running the charge relay on a separate line to the battery. Charge will be 75amp or at least hope that it is as such.

SECOND RELAY UPDATE NON-SSR:

The Energy Savers from Dongya
Dongya DH200H
https://www.dc-contactors.com/dh150-300-high-voltage-dc-contactor/high-voltage-dc-contactor-dh200h
* This company does not retail directly, you need to go through an authorised vendor, I am dealing directly with the manufacturer for this. I found these through an EV Supplier who has had very good luck with them apparently, normally the company itself sells minimum batches of 100 pieces. The EV company is below, they sell them for $80 USD
Electric Car Parts Company relay listing

The update from the Manufacturer. They do NOT have a presence on eBay, Amazon etc.
Typically they have an MOQ (Minimum Order Quantity) of 30 pcs and they are EXW meaning your on the hook for duties, taxes and all that hubbub.
The DH200H Relays are $23.00 USD each plus S&H & Duties, taxes etc.

SECOND RELAY UPDATE NON-SSR:

The Energy Savers from Dongya
Dongya DH200H
https://www.dc-contactors.com/dh150-300-high-voltage-dc-contactor/high-voltage-dc-contactor-dh200h
* This company does not retail directly, you need to go through an authorised vendor, I am dealing directly with the manufacturer for this. I found these through an EV Supplier who has had very good luck with them apparently, normally the company itself sells minimum batches of 100 pieces. The EV company is below, they sell them for $80 USD
Electric Car Parts Company relay listing

The update from the Manufacturer. They do NOT have a presence on eBay, Amazon etc.
Typically they have an MOQ (Minimum Order Quantity) of 30 pcs and they are EXW meaning your on the hook for duties, taxes and all that hubbub.
The DH200H Relays are $23.00 USD each plus S&H & Duties, taxes etc.
The current tarif in the US is 27.5% on the cost of the product.

My 8-pack with a BMS8T is part of a much larger bank so it never sees more than 50 amps charge/discharge. For now I'm getting away with these cheapys. They don't get hot. They drop 9 mV at 24 V 50 amps and the coil current is 80 mA. If your charge/discharge amps are higher or you have an RV or where the installation is more than a few minutes work, etc. then it's not the relay to choose. But if you're a cheap bastard like me...

Partial SSR UPDATE:

These are the LeiChuangTec Ones by the way, NOT the new ones being done by Chargery.

View attachment 10972View attachment 10973View attachment 10974View attachment 10975
are the 300A & 120A on the same site OK too?
they look similar

they look similar
The major problem with the standard SSR relays were the terminals were too small. Are the ones you are talking about DC relays at DC-AC they look alike. I can recommend the standard 500Amp ones as I have been using for weeks. But I do not have long continuous high loads my average load is less than 20Amp with a high in the 60Amp range for only minutes though. All my high load testing has been done with contrived max load situations.

looks like the 120A have smaller terminals, but 200A+ seem to be the same
maybe just get (2) 200A
so, will these pass 200A (heatsinked) w/o melting down?
or should i get 200A (for 100A charging) and 300A for 200A load?

any reason these are 24-1600VAC - not 12VDC?

Last edited:
looks like the 120A have smaller terminals, but 200A+ seem to be the same
maybe just get (2) 200A
so, will these pass 200A (heatsinked) w/o melting down?
or should i get 200A (for 100A charging) and 300A for 200A load?

any reason these are 24-1600VAC - not 12VDC?
Send me a link to product you found. And yes get a relay that passes 2 to 3 times your draw.

thanks - started off in the right place & then got side tracked

My 8-pack with a BMS8T is part of a much larger bank so it never sees more than 50 amps charge/discharge. For now I'm getting away with these cheapys. They don't get hot. They drop 9 mV at 24 V 50 amps and the coil current is 80 mA. If your charge/discharge amps are higher or you have an RV or where the installation is more than a few minutes work, etc. then it's not the relay to choose. But if you're a cheap bastard like me...
They "May" work but remember this is Continous Duty not intermittent duty so keep a close eye on those relays.
:ROFLMAO::poop:(n) WON'T Ship to Canada ! What a Pile of Dwaddle ! Seriously Amazon ??? It s amazing how much WILL NOT SHIP TO CANADA even if US Company & Even if US Made Product. I've even had a US Company tell me they cannot ship a Canadian Made product to Canada from the US. Imagine that, I was GOBSMACKED at that ! I contacted the Manufacturer here in Canada and they shipped it to me WHOLESALE and they put a list of Canadian Companies that sell their products on their website (none of them on eBay or Amazon)

they look similar
You canb ONLY use DC-DC not DC-AC Relays, your looking under the wrong sub-category.
The ones you see on the website have Very Small screws
leichuangtec-cable-jpg.10820

Following still choosing my bms. Electrodacus requires expensive inverter andChargery relay consumption bothered me but now this is getting good... Can someone help me understand the time delay board is that used for a precharge system for the inverter. I would wire this with a third relay and resistor. Does the precharge relay need to be high amp like the other sorry to hijack

The New Chargery Manual are coming, they have been sent to Chargery and they are doing their thing. Here is a part of the new manual, I am not posting the rest as people just gotta wait.

NEW (BMS 8) Delay Relay Config - COMMON Port.jpg
The Small Relay in this example is a simple automotive "Make & Break relay". The simplest and most common form of relay. The circuit between terminals 30 and 87 is Closed "on" when energized and Open "off" when de-energized, this is known as NO (Normally Open). Terminals 85 and 86 actuate the relay. Suggested to use a 12VDC / 10A or greater relay.

In this configuration, both the Charge and Discharge relays must be of equal Amperage rating as they share the common lines between the Motor / Inverter and battery.

For example: 24V/4000W Inverter will draw (4000W ÷ 24VDC = 166.66A) X 1.25 = 208.3A
Note a Low Frequency Inverter is capable of 3X the wattage (12,000W) for momentary surge.
The relays in this case should be sized 200A or greater

Back