diy solar

diy solar

Source for wire

I hit the buy button at https://temcoindustrial.com/ last night for 10 awg solar and 4 awg welding and the Hammer Smashing Connector tool.
Price seemed to be at least 10%, less than amazon, with free shipping to boot. I found their site difficult to search though.
Everyone had gone home and I got a message stating they would manually run the card and give me confirmation sometime today.

Their site is a bit clunky. And this is after they redesigned it recently!

The site & lack of automation, especially since they do WIRE and are right there in Silicon Valley, Is a bit amusing.
Gotta love the price tho.

problem becomes... I have never found 10-12AWG welding cable. But if you have a link I would love for your to post it
Sorry. Fired without being sure of my target.

I’m weird and overcable stuff and have a ton of 8ga on hand so I was probably in my own rut.

Has anybody weighed their 8 awg solar wire from temco? I've ran into an issue where I ended up weighing mine to verify a missing item (wanted to make sure
missing wire wasn't wound together with the 8awg for some reason). I have no idea if this has any bearing on anything, but the 250' of 8awg I ordered should have been 21.87 lbs according to the specs on their website. 11.43 feet/lb. Mine with the plastic wrap and zip ties was only 20.06 lbs. The 2/0 welding cable I got matched their spec. The 10 awg is missing and haven't been able to get in contact with CS so far.

Last edited:
Has anybody weighed their 8 awg solar wire from temco? I've ran into an issue where I ended up weighing mine too verify a missing item (wanted to make sure
missing wire wasn't wound together with the 8awg for some reason). I have no idea if this has any bearing on anything, but the 250' of 8awg I ordered should have been 21.87 lbs according to the specs on their website. 11.43 feet/lb. Mine with the plastic wrap and zip ties was only 20.06 lbs. The 2/0 welding cable I got matched their spec. The 10 awg is missing and haven't been able to get in contact with CS so far.
Bummer, I was hoping they were going to be a great supplier.
Maybe tomorrow I can weigh the 10 and 4 that I got from them last month.

Bummer, I was hoping they were going to be a great supplier.
Maybe tomorrow I can weigh the 10 and 4 that I got from them last month.
Hopefully they come through and at least send the rest of my order without hassle. The difference in weight on the 8awg would be about 21', which I don't know if their spec is correct or they shorted me. I initially blamed the lack of response last week on the holidays. Waited on hold for quite a while last week, gave up on that. Sent an email Monday to the guy that quoted the wire for me originally, nothing. Sent another email this morning to their main email and haven't heard back. I guess we'll see. It would be interesting to see if your cables have correct weights.

Hopefully they come through and at least send the rest of my order without hassle. The difference in weight on the 8awg would be about 21', which I don't know if their spec is correct or they shorted me. I initially blamed the lack of response last week on the holidays. Waited on hold for quite a while last week, gave up on that. Sent an email Monday to the guy that quoted the wire for me originally, nothing. Sent another email this morning to their main email and haven't heard back. I guess we'll see. It would be interesting to see if your cables have correct weights.
In case you are not aware, they are in Fremont, CA, so Pacific time. They have all kinds of sorry ass covid excuses for not performing in that area.
Not defending them by any means. Hopefully the weight is incorrect posting on their site specs.

In case you are not aware, they are in Fremont, CA, so Pacific time. They have all kinds of sorry ass covid excuses for not performing in that area.
Not defending them by any means. Hopefully the weight is incorrect posting on their site specs.
I'm also Pacific time in Washington.
I didn't document it very well before so I weighed my 20' of 2/0 again and it came out at 9.8 lbs with the plasic wrap. Spec says it would be 9.09 lbs. So at least that seems pretty sufficient.

at 9.8 lbs with the plasic wrap. Spec says it would be 9.09 lbs
I wouldn’t assume they’re being shady.
If they took the shipping weight of a 1000’ spool and divided by nominal footage on the roll that is one reasonable explanation for the variance. Never mind that ‘rare’ weight may not include over-run at the manufacturer.

I recently got an order of red and black 2AWG welding cable from windyNation. Ordered 10’, got 10’ black and 16’ red.

I wouldn’t assume they’re being shady.
If they took the shipping weight of a 1000’ spool and divided by nominal footage on the roll that is one reasonable explanation for the variance. Never mind that ‘rare’ weight may not include over-run at the manufacturer.

I recently got an order of red and black 2AWG welding cable from windyNation. Ordered 10’, got 10’ black and 16’ red.
The 8awg was almost 2 lbs less than spec on 250ft. By weighing the 2/0, (unless they did give me extra) I was just verifying that my scale isn't reading low. I can unwrap the 2/0 to check length, but want to leave the 8awg zip tied and wrapped as recieved until I get a chance to talk to them. The 10 awg would have been about 6 lbs, so I was also making sure it wasn't in with the 2/0 or 8 awg.
I guess the main point is, I'm also completely missing 100' of 10 awg, and haven't had any response after calling and emailing.

Update on Temco, still haven't heard anything regarding the missing 100' 10 awg. I don't even want to deal with the weight discrepancy of the 8 awg, I just want the missing cable or a refund. I've sent 3 emails and waited on hold as long as I could several times. It shouldn't be this difficult under any circumstances.

Update on Temco, still haven't heard anything regarding the missing 100' 10 awg. I don't even want to deal with the weight discrepancy of the 8 awg, I just want the missing cable or a refund. I've sent 3 emails and waited on hold as long as I could several times. It shouldn't be this difficult under any circumstances.
Another update on temco. Left a voicemail Wednesday after hours just regarding the missing 100' of 10 awg. Didn't hear anything so called when I could at 3:30 pst Thursday and waited on hold until I was sent to voicemail at 3:51pst. Left another voicemail and did not hear anything today(Friday).

Back