diy solar

diy solar

Looking for source to buy bulk 8 AWG/Gauge PV wire...

TOU47

Solar Enthusiast
Not sure if this is the right location or kosher to post but I'm looking for source to buy bulk 8 AWG/Gauge PV wire...

I have previously bought 100' lengths of TEMCo 8 AWG/Gauge wire from Amazon for about $0.75/foot but wondered if there was a recommended source of quality 8 AWG/Gauge PV wire in bulk for a but better? I've looked at Will's links here but really didn't see anything for bulk for 8 ga. Any thoughts or recommendations? Thx

Not sure if this is the right location or kosher to post but I'm looking for source to buy bulk 8 AWG/Gauge PV wire...

I have previously bought 100' lengths of TEMCo 8 AWG/Gauge wire from Amazon for about $0.75/foot but wondered if there was a recommended source of quality 8 AWG/Gauge PV wire in bulk for a but better? I've looked at Will's links here but really didn't see anything for bulk for 8 ga. Any thoughts or recommendations? Thx

Are you willing to buy direct from China and wait for delivey?

I’ve found that Temco sells their own wire direct for about 10% less than going through Amazon.

You need a minimum purchase of something like $100 for free shipping from Temco but that’s never been a problem ?.

Last edited:
One thing to keep in mind if you have amazon prime the shipping cost can usually make up for per foot price savings on cables since long runs of cable are HEAVY.

Nassau National Cable has 8 AWG THWN-2 on sale for $0.55/ft right now.

Edit: you said you need 8awg PV wire. Never mind. Just curious, why do you need 8awg PV wire, do you have a long run (250ft+) from panels to inverter? If not, 10awg should be okay.

Last edited:
Nassau National Cable has 8 AWG THWN-2 on sale for $0.55/ft right now.

Edit: you said you need 8awg PV wire. Never mind. Just curious, why do you need 8awg PV wire, do you have a long run (250ft+) from panels to inverter? If not, 10awg should be okay.
Thank you. I'm running about 150' from panels to inverter... just trying to minimize losses. I used 8awg for my other array last time, it was buried in conduit. This one will not be & mostly exposed.

I'm also looking to buy in bulk as I will be building a 54 panel array for the house that will likely be further.

I wanted to thank you all for your excellent input... much appreciated. I never could find the Nassau deal

that said, it seems they are all very close for 8awg PV. I ended up just reordering from TEMCo via Amazon Prime but 300' with connectors. (150'x2) It was the same or cheaper than the 500' or 1000' rolls.

Thanks again!

Thank you. I'm running about 150' from panels to inverter... just trying to minimize losses. I used 8awg for my other array last time, it was buried in conduit. This one will not be & mostly exposed.

I'm also looking to buy in bulk as I will be building a 54 panel array for the house that will likely be further.
Buy a sample and test what you get with a proper wire gauge. Unfortunately, to do proper measurement down to the low voltage drops of 8AWG wire precisely requires some good instrumentation which most of us cannot afford.

Back