diy solar

diy solar

Soyosource only outputting 50% power

Dan Dee

Hi All I'm a newby regarding solar, I've installed a soyosource grid tie inverter 1Kw and with the limiter installed I can only get 50% output eg my power usage is 400w but the inverter will only give 200w, If I disably the ct by setting the inverter to battery constant mode it will give out the battery output power thats set in the inverter but when I set the inverter to batttery limit mode it will only give 50%, There is no mention in the instruction on which way the ct should be but I saw a youtube video which state the arrow should be pointing in from the grid to the fusebox( breaker box) but searching the web a few professionals say it should be pointing towards the grid. I've tried both ways and still gets the same result. looking at the leaflet that came with the inverter its showing the current detector point after the inverter but I cant connect the inverter before the fusebox and the ct in on the pigtail from the meter to the fusebox. beside isnt the ct suppose to detect that no power is been exported to the grid? if thats the case then how would the inverter knows if the ct is after it?

Strange, but I have never heard of that inverter. I trust you are aware that grid-tie inverters (under 3.6kW output) need to be G.98 certified before they are connected to the UK power grid?

The inverter must be identifiable on the ENA type test register (https://www.ena-eng.org/gen-ttr/) and you must inform your DNO within 30 days of commissioning via a G98 notification form. I could find no reference to soyosource on there.

The compliance is to ensure safety of engineers working on the network as well as ensure quality of supply to other consumers connected to the same phase as yours.

Hi All I'm a newby regarding solar, I've installed a soyosource grid tie inverter 1Kw and with the limiter installed I can only get 50% output eg my power usage is 400w but the inverter will only give 200w, If I disably the ct by setting the inverter to battery constant mode it will give out the battery output power thats set in the inverter but when I set the inverter to batttery limit mode it will only give 50%, There is no mention in the instruction on which way the ct should be but I saw a youtube video which state the arrow should be pointing in from the grid to the fusebox( breaker box) but searching the web a few professionals say it should be pointing towards the grid. I've tried both ways and still gets the same result. looking at the leaflet that came with the inverter its showing the current detector point after the inverter but I cant connect the inverter before the fusebox and the ct in on the pigtail from the meter to the fusebox. beside isnt the ct suppose to detect that no power is been exported to the grid? if thats the case then how would the inverter knows if the ct is after it?
Hi Dan, wondered if you have found an answer to your issue. I have the exact same inverter and have the same problem. Works full power if I don't use the CT but otherwise I only get 50% of the required power

Hi Dan, wondered if you have found an answer to your issue. I have the exact same inverter and have the same problem. Works full power if I don't use the CT but otherwise I only get 50% of the required power
1000W will only produce 700 watts, the inverter gets power before the CT clamp, if you connect it after CT clamp then it gets confused and give wrong output, meter itself need to adjust to one inverter as if it is on 2 then it gives signal as if there are two inverters attached to the power meter which is connected to CT clamp, hence inverter will produce only half of the load as it thinks half of the load is coming from other inverter.

Hi Arron No I havent found what the problem is, but I suspect that its to do with filtering, I had some spare ferrites but cant find them anywhere so have to order a mains emc filter to try it, got an old scope but havent used it for 20+ years so dont know wher the probes are. As soon as the filter have arrived I will report back. The reason I think its harmonics is that if the inverter dc in is isolate the limiter is reading just 10w difference from what my nanovip meter is reading

I have the same inverter but different issue. My inverter is not producing power and is constantly on standby mode because it is detecting AC frequency as 33Hz only. I checked the grid frequency using multimeter and it reads 59.9 Hz.
Anybody know how to reset the inverter? I have the wifi inverter and has no screen.

Hi Arron No I havent found what the problem is, but I suspect that its to do with filtering, I had some spare ferrites but cant find them anywhere so have to order a mains emc filter to try it, got an old scope but havent used it for 20+ years so dont know wher the probes are. As soon as the filter have arrived I will report back. The reason I think its harmonics is that if the inverter dc in is isolate the limiter is reading just 10w difference from what my nanovip meter is reading
I suspect you ct may be configured for two invertors in parallel. I am ssuming you have the same ct I recieved with my unit. I dosent self configure based on the number of inverters. If you have one invertor then only the first led on the bottom left should be lit on the ct. If the second led it lit then it things there are the power requested is halved. There instructions are tucked away in the documentation.

Back