diy solar

diy solar

Splitting a connection question

bystandered

1) Pick one is of the panel set up I installed...the top large panel has one main cable running into the cabin...I needed to add other panels so I spliced in the connectors and added in my second panel. Then....Im getting an error message and flashing battery (I assume it means an issue with the charge or power due to wiring) Has anyone seen issues when splicing? I believe I followed the connection diagram correctly...anyone have thoughts?

Attachments​

• IMG_3424.JPG
    IMG_3424.JPG
    432.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3422.JPG
    IMG_3422.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3423.JPG
    IMG_3423.JPG
    123.3 KB · Views: 9

I believe this is a re-posting for you of an older post. Your panels are not matching size. You would need to look at the specifications to see if what you did is a viable thing to do. You would also want to test the output voltage to your SCC, both amount and for polarity.

I believe this is a re-posting for you of an older post. Your panels are not matching size. You would need to look at the specifications to see if what you did is a viable thing to do. You would also want to test the output voltage to your SCC, both amount and for polarity.
Thank you @Mattb4 so your thinking you cant have two seperate panel sizes and that may be my issue? Good idea on the output voltage

Back