diy solar

diy solar

SSR testing

You can use these contactors https://batteryhookup.com/collections/accessories/products/te-connectivity-ev200aaana-500a-0-900vdc

And don't let the thought of high hold current sway you, these have economizers attached only uses 1.7w to hold.
I am using 3 of those I purchased new at low cost via aliexpress ... for my 3 x 24v 280 Ah LiFePO4 sets . Specs say 0.07 amps at 24v for hold current ... for 1.7 watts Hold ... and brief 3.8 amp inrush to close contacts. IMO: Great way to go for BMS control of battery banks. I use SSR between my Chargery BMS8Ts and these relays to not over amp the BMS ... running 24 volt fuse at 5 amps (has not blow yet) ... to my 500 amp rated Contactors; ... to keep within my BMS trigger amp limits .. Also, I put a push button switch on electric wire to each relay; which give me nice easy option to turn any battery bank off and/or on, with an easy click of any 3 such switches. :+)

Added Note: .. When using SSR, ya got know about how they only work with the + to - current wired in the proper polarity direction.

Last edited:
I am using 3 of those I purchased new at low cost via aliexpress ... for my 3 x 24v 280 Ah LiFePO4 sets . Specs say 0.07 amps at 24v for hold current ... for 1.7 watts Hold ... and brief 3.8 amp inrush to close contacts.

Yup! They are great and that 1.7w hold is true, I've verified it.

I'm reading the first page of this thread and seeing "Control load draw at 12Volts was 0.34 Amp" for a SSR. That's 4.08w, so the SSR are costing more power just to control it, not to mention the power loss due to voltage drop running power through the SSR.

Re:
... SSR are costing more power just to control it, not to mention the power loss due to voltage drop running power through the SSR.
From my research; ... I have found SSRs (solid state relays) use a very small current on the trip side; as in a miniscule amount of current for tripping their non mechanical relay switch function. That is why I use em, and like em, ... for certain relay switching tasks.

... for my set up; ... my Chargery BMS8T (using three of them w 3 x 24v battery banks/ ... specs say:) ... "controller outputs 12V to power the coil and the total current for charge and discharge relay's cannot be larger than 2.5A". ... and with Kilovac's ... brief 3.8 amp inrush to close contacts at 24v, which might be twice that at 12 volts. ... IMO: I am protecting my three Chargery BMS8Ts with SRRs in between my BMS and those 500 amp rated Kilovac relays. ... My Two Cents ;+)

Last edited:

diy solar

diy solar
Back