diy solar

diy solar

sungoldpower 24v 6000w pure sine split phase no output

Matt3

I have a 24v 6000w pure sine low frequency split phase inverter. I have a 3hp air compressor pump that blows air down my well casing running on a 3/4 hp motor with my wheels being sized properly to support a low air pressure driving from the belt. this fills my water storage tank. I have a 1/2 hp jet pump that pulls from this tank backed with a 30 gallon pressure tank to pressure the lines. this system had been running flawlessly. it just me living in a single wide trailer so my water use is limited. so these motors do not run much. my problem is that my inverter is no longer giving me an out put. the electrical wiring from the contact switches and the output from the inverter all run to a service box and breakers. my solar panels all run to a disconnect and are fine. my solar charge controller is fused and working properly. my batteries are fully charged with a class t fuse and in proper condition. all wiring is fine with no burned wires. the inverter powers on and is showing full charge on batteries but I. getting no output. I see no fault codes on my inverter. I noticed there is a hot 1 and hot 2 breaker for the split phase output and one if them is tripped. I press it but nothing happens. i.live in Louisiana and the temperature had been in the 100's for days with no rain. I'm wondering if there maybe an overheat issue or maybe an internal fuse issue. I just figured a fault code would be visible. I'm asking for some advice concerning this issue. thanks

Which model of sungold inverter do you have. I couldn't find one matching that description.

Found a 10kw version that is probably like what you have. I would start out by disconnecting the output wires with it off of course and then try powering it up and seeing if the breaker doesn't trip. If it doesn't use a volt meter to check the outputs and see if you see power. If you do then its a problem somewhere between the inverter and the loads you have. If the breaker trips with nothing connected something shorted inside the inverter aka repair time.

If the breaker doesn't trip but no power on the output with nothing connected it may have blown an internal fuse.

Found a 10kw version that is probably like what you have. I would start out by disconnecting the output wires with it off of course and then try powering it up and seeing if the breaker doesn't trip. If it doesn't use a volt meter to check the outputs and see if you see power. If you do then its a problem somewhere between the inverter and the loads you have. If the breaker trips with nothing connected something shorted inside the inverter aka repair time.

If the breaker doesn't trip but no power on the output with nothing connected it may have blown an internal fuse.
I'm thinking it's an internal fuse. I will tear it down and give a follow up.

its stays tripped with the inverter off and no load
Some inverters do a bypass when off. Just because nothing is turned on doesn't mean the load wiring is ok. I'd disconnect the load lines first making sure there is no ac in before disconnecting them for safety sake. If there is no power connected to the inverter aka feeding ac in and the breaker won't reset then the breaker itself is bad.

Some inverters do a bypass when off. Just because nothing is turned on doesn't mean the load wiring is ok. I'd disconnect the load lines first making sure there is no ac in before disconnecting them for safety sake. If there is no power connected to the inverter aka feeding ac in and the breaker won't reset then the breaker itself is bad.
if it is the breaker are those easy to change out or does it require special skills. I've worked on circuit boards somewhat in my past but more leisurely than professionally

The one I found when looking for what you have had normal replaceable breakers. If you could post a pic of the breakers on yours we could confirm and and suggest what to replace them with if its what I'm thinking they are.

The one I found when looking for what you have had normal replaceable breakers. If you could post a pic of the breakers on yours we could confirm and and suggest what to replace them with if its what I'm thinking they are.

Attachments

• 20230813_123153.jpg
    20230813_123153.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 20230813_123145.jpg
    20230813_123145.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 20230813_123128.jpg
    20230813_123128.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 5
looked on ebay but didn't see this one. I don't want to buy a cheap knock off.

That isn't the one I had run across. Is it under warranty? Sungold is great about sending parts when needed under warranty and they will sell you what you need if out of warranty. Great company to deal with from my experience with them.

That isn't the one I had run across. Is it under warranty? Sungold is great about sending parts when needed under warranty and they will sell you what you need if out of warranty. Great company to deal with from my experience with them.
it should be. I have to get my receipt. I will call them tomorrow as they are closed today. Just in case, do you know of a good company to buy a breaker to use as a replacement.

Nooooo don't call. I used support@sungoldpower.com for the initial email to them. Do the emailing around 3am and later central time. Should be VERY fast response time from my experience. When I contacted them about a problem I had they diagnosed it and had the part sent out in 40 minutes flat.

I've never replaced that kind of breaker before. I have them in a bunch of my stuff but I've never had one fail. So no clue on which one would be "ideal" to go with.

Back