diy solar

diy solar

Switch function on Xiaoxiang bms

PaintBrush

What is it used for and when should it be on?
I usually have it turned off but I turned it on before going to bed, it was working fine, but the bms froze (no current or voltage reading) in the middle of the night although there was plenty of current and voltage flowing - the lights and all the loads worked. It left no error, and the bms would not register voltages or currents until I turned the switch function toggle to "off". It also caused the VictronConnect shunt to stop registering current and voltages, but the lights and loads were still running.

I'm running 2: 24v batteries in parallel but one of the batteries is often out of sync with the other. The switch that I turned on was the battery that depleted fastest. I probably need to re-build the system and pay more attention to wire lengths. But, is the switch function in the bms a battery balancing thing? and if i had just left it alone (in the on position) would it have balanced the two batteries and the bms would have corrected the imbalance by drawing down the "slow" battery?

I also had an 8 amp Victron battery charger running so that's probably why the loads were working.

Last edited:
I don't know what the switch does on mine. I've turned it on before, and it seemed to have a similar effect of "freezing" as you describe.

Please provide a wiring diagram of the components described. There are definitely some anomalies in what you describe.

I'm leaving it in the 'off' position while I do more research. Andy in "The Offgrid Garage" doesn't even know what it does.

Back