diy solar

diy solar

There are a lot of dumb people out there.

In our societies, ignorance is not only facilitated and encouraged, it’s vital for the economy. People buying shit they don’t need & paying people to do basic tasks that they don’t have time for, all with money they don’t have is the bedrock of our lives. No education system teaches critical thinking or even basic skills that are needed.

The more you drive the less intelligent you are.
I'm Thailand this seems especially true professional drivers(truckers, delivery drivers, etc) seem to be the worse. Most people don't look when pulling from a junction leaving it purely upto fate "if it's my time it's my time" is part of their belief structure.
Case in point, last night a drunk delivery driver doing insane speeds in the dark and torrential raid decided to hit the accelerator instead of the break when he saw a traffic jam pinballing my sister in law and my niece thankfully both are ok and obviously the drunk didn't have a scratch on him.
1722427459154~2.jpg1722427459260~2.jpg

This cultural trait can be dangerous, expensive and inefficient on one side of the ledger but on the other side it is an intrinsic part of Thainess which for the most part nets a cohesive, happy go lucky and polite society in comparison to the ultra optimised Western culture.
Depends on where you are, I find many successful Thais in major cities and many of those married to westerners might as well be from the west, they all have a chip on their shoulder and are arrogant beyond words, though those who live rurally or poor are happy go lucky, generous and exceptional people.
It's their lack of drive to learn that just annoys me, I can spend hours apon hours teaching someone something, explaining every step in detail, they will reproduce it once perfectly then regress back to their poor example by the 2nd or 3rd attempt.

The older, and presumably wiser, that one gets, the more humbled by the realization of how little one actually knows. At the same time, it can often be the case that the wiser one gets, the more frustrated one becomes with the general bane of ignorance. Ignorance is a huge problem. Ignorance injures society at all levels. Ignorant officials make ignorant laws. Ignorant builders make ignorant mistakes which create hazards and risks for countless people. Ignorance costs millions and is among the top causes of death. The biggest problem with it? The greater one's ignorance, the greater one's false confidence and belief that one knows what is necessary--certainly more than the next guy.

Psychologists may refer to the phenomenon as the "Dunning-Kruger Effect." Ignorance is among the worst evils to exist, and among the most difficult to fight.
I just sent a picture of this Dunning-Kruger graph to my boss
1722429841285.jpeg

She had no arrogance. No bravado was in the way of progress. Just pure ignorance.

And Thailand is chock full of this type of ignorance, in addition to other forms which cause them to resist being educated by "foreigners."

Dangerous indeed!
I might be tempted to classify resistance to be educated as a form of arrogance, having witnessed more than a few life threatening incidents (some including my life) due to ignorance I just accept it now as how Thai people want to live and prioritise their concerns including the consequences.

I can spend hours apon hours teaching someone something, explaining every step in detail, they will reproduce it once perfectly then regress back to their poor example by the 2nd or 3rd attempt.
Tell me about it, my best support engineer was a guy straight out of technical college, he admitted he had no practical experience but wanted the job, he worked as I trained him and outshone the more experienced techs by a mile who seemed to resent being taught new techniques and standards.

Bus driver almost took me and several riders out.

Tell me about it, my best support engineer was a guy straight out of technical college, he admitted he had no practical experience but wanted the job, he worked as I trained him and outshone the more experienced techs by a mile who seemed to resent being taught new techniques and standards.

Bus driver almost took me and several riders out.
Sorry but your driving a moped in Thailand that to me is the most ignorant thing I can think of, I downgraded my modern nissan car for a 12 year old ford because I needed more steel between me and the road.

Just another case of stupid people not knowing what they don't know.

"Common sense" would say that if you block 10% of 400 watts of solar panels, you should still get 360 watts. Right? :fp2
Clearly the math works. Unfortunately the physics doesn't.
if each individual cell was able to send power separately it would work a lot closer to that

Well, actually the panels in the photo do have 24 bypass diodes vs the normal 2 in a silicon panel so they will perform better than usual.
he still has half of the cells in shade though lol, it isn't what the guy I quoted said. Those are theoretical.

he still has half of the cells in shade though lol, it isn't what the guy I quoted said. Those are theoretical.
I have the identical 200 watt panel (just one) arriving tomorrow and I am going to put it through some real testing (but non destructive, since I paid for this panel out of my own pocket). I plan to set up two 100 watt glass panels in series next to it and measure power input to the same charge controller at several positions of the sun and note the surface temperatures of the panels at these power readings. The one thing I will not be able to do in a timely manner is determine how long the coating will last on the CIGS. It has a 10 year warranty (if the company honors that and stays in business that long) but I am thinking it is probably only good for maybe 180 days in the sun, which would be fine for my use case, portable, on the boat. I am highly concerned with flexibility and weight, and this panel is less than 6 pounds and can be rolled up in a 1 foot diameter cylinder.

Obviously the OP picture speaks for itself, but I have to remind myself all the time that I don't always know exactly what I'm seeing. I see my version. Circumstance, distraction, surprise, fear etc. can lead smart people to do dumb things. And remember, a lot of the times, it's not dumb until it goes wrong.

Obviously the OP picture speaks for itself, but I have to remind myself all the time that I don't always know exactly what I'm seeing. I see my version. Circumstance, distraction, surprise, fear etc. can lead smart people to do dumb things. And remember, a lot of the times, it's not dumb until it goes wrong.

I have learned very little from the successes I have made in life ,,,

On The Other Hand; Sometimes I have Learned a Lot & My Life has been Shaped by My Failures

If I am going to make a mistake, I try to make a new one each time 😁

I am all for learning from your mistakes but when you post a 1 star review of a product based on the testing done in the original photo, that hurts other people. It hurts the manufacturer of the product and it hurts potential buyers who might be driven off without realizing the product is better than the review postulates.

Who among us hasn't said "Guess I won't do that again"?

Until we Know Something ,,, We Don’t Know ,,, or We are All Ignorant to some degree ,,, Other Wise We Know It All

There Are 3 Types of Things in this World;

1) Things We Think We Know
2) Things We Know We Don’t Know
3) Things We Don’t Even Know We Don’t Know 😁

We are All Truly Ignorant 🤷‍♂️

I am all for learning from your mistakes but when you post a 1 star review of a product based on the testing done in the original photo, that hurts other people. It hurts the manufacturer of the product and it hurts potential buyers who might be driven off without realizing the product is better than the review postulates.

Internet in 2024 🤔

Best not to Follow the Masses ,,, Don’t be a Lemming.

diy solar

diy solar
Back