diy solar

diy solar

There are a lot of dumb people out there.

The older, and presumably wiser, that one gets, the more humbled by the realization of how little one actually knows. At the same time, it can often be the case that the wiser one gets, the more frustrated one becomes with the general bane of ignorance. Ignorance is a huge problem. Ignorance injures society at all levels. Ignorant officials make ignorant laws. Ignorant builders make ignorant mistakes which create hazards and risks for countless people. Ignorance costs millions and is among the top causes of death. The biggest problem with it? The greater one's ignorance, the greater one's false confidence and belief that one knows what is necessary--certainly more than the next guy.

Psychologists may refer to the phenomenon as the "Dunning-Kruger Effect." Ignorance is among the worst evils to exist, and among the most difficult to fight.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

The older, and presumably wiser, that one gets, the more humbled by the realization of how little one actually knows. At the same time, it can often be the case that the wiser one gets, the more frustrated one becomes with the general bane of ignorance. Ignorance is a huge problem. Ignorance injures society at all levels. Ignorant officials make ignorant laws. Ignorant builders make ignorant mistakes which create hazards and risks for countless people. Ignorance costs millions and is among the top causes of death. The biggest problem with it? The greater one's ignorance, the greater one's false confidence and belief that one knows what is necessary--certainly more than the next guy.

Psychologists may refer to the phenomenon as the "Dunning-Kruger Effect." Ignorance is among the worst evils to exist, and among the most difficult to fight.
unfortunately Dunning-Kruger Effect was not immune to the Dunning-Kruger Effect

People think i am a genius.
But only because i work to understand what i dont know, and use what i do know regularly...
This is not meant braggingly, but I hear that often enough as well to make me question my reality.

To me I'm just taking pause, assessing the situation and trying my best to figure it out.
Of course previous knowledge with things helps, but more often than not it's just researching things and being willing to apply it.

So many people throughout history (but seemingly moreso nowadays?) don't even try to do anything, they look at something and say "I can't do that" but they have made zero effort whatsoever to actually try to problem solve.

To me I only ever say I can't do something if I have exhausted my abilities.
I personally know LOTS of people that "I can't do that" or "I don't know how" (without trying) is in their daily vocabulary.

It's sad.

But also handyman wouldn't be employed if there weren't so many people that way, so I guess I shouldn't complain.

This is not meant braggingly, but I hear that often enough as well to make me question my reality.

To me I'm just taking pause, assessing the situation and trying my best to figure it out.
Of course previous knowledge with things helps, but more often than not it's just researching things and being willing to apply it.

So many people throughout history (but seemingly moreso nowadays?) don't even try to do anything, they look at something and say "I can't do that" but they have made zero effort whatsoever to actually try to problem solve.

I personally know LOTS of people that "I can't do that" or "I don't know how" (without trying) is in their daily vocabulary.

It's sad.

But also handyman wouldn't be employed if there weren't so many people that way, so I guess I shouldn't complain.
One thing I learned a long time ago is you can't learn anything if you think you know everything.

I'm pretty good in the computer field and I would go to the comp usa stores back in the day with a friend of mine and he loved it when I would make a fool out of the sales people. But he would get ticked at me when I wouldn't do it. He would ask me after I talked to a sales person and didn't correct them or if I acted a bit dumb around them why I did that. I would tell him if you know everything your can't learn anything. Also I pointed out these people are just trying to make a living.

The ones I would go off on were the ones that didn't know anything but their ego's made them think they did and were not willing to believe someone could know something they didn't. Those I raked over the coals :)

Its amazing what is out there in any field of endeavor that you can learn. The second you think you've learned it all is the second you stop learning.

I love learning things. Though I will be the first to admit my limitations. I can't make squat out of wood that remotely resembles what I was trying to make. Welding isn't something I'm good at but luckily the wife is an excellent welder (she used to do it for a living).

I found out I'm good at plumbing. Didn't know it till I tried.

I guess that's the other point like you mentioned if you don't try to do something you will never know if you can. Todays kids won't try something if it doesn't have a screen attached to it or a phone app. Let alone if it involves manual labor :)

It's sad.

yep I never say "I can't do that" the only consideration today after research is "I don't have the money to try that"

1) Things We Think We Know
2) Things We Know We Don’t Know
3) Things We Don’t Even Know We Don’t Know
It’s been my goal in life to know enough to know what I don’t know. ‘known unknowns’ in a way.

That’s saved my butt countless times. Ignorance may be bliss but living is more blissful than dying or getting maimed

GOOD NEWS SORTA !

It appear the Video Poster on YT took the time to read comments and after a few moments of stupid realized that MAJORITY of folks commenting about "How to build the battery" properly need to be listened too and has acknowledged that. I personally have my doubts about the end result but it sure as heck can't be worse than what they previously did.

diy solar

diy solar
Back