diy solar

diy solar

Three Epever Triron 4210 charge converters, one has stopped connecting to PC

Chadd

Good afternoon on a sunny day in Mullion Cove Cornwall : )

I have three Epever Triron 4210 charge converters which I connect one at a time to the computer.

While playing with the settings of the computer program on one of them, it suddenly refused to communicate.

The other two are fine, I have tried a different computer but the problem is still there with same charge converter.

It is not the settings in the computer program.

It is possible I have altered some setting in the charge converter itself via the computer program which has caused this?

Is there a setting within the charge converter to turn the communication port on and off ?

I have looked online on resetting, but other that disconnecting the panels and battery which I did for 45 mins cannot find anything.

God Bless Chadd

Attachments

• Control unit.jpg
    Control unit.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Good evening an update on the problem.

I posted on an Eperit forum about my problem.

Almost by return a gentleman called Fred Zhao from EPEVER Support had me do some tests, they including exchanging the communication port with one in another of my units.

He then deducted the unit should be returned to the seller.

Fred also said that if I had any problem with getting the unit exchanged, to get back to him and they would assist

I sent it by First Class Signed for on Wednesday, and was amazed when the replacement arrive today Friday.

The seller was Geoff at Renytek

Renytek

Excellent service, all now working OK. : )

God Bless Chadd

I have an update : )

One of the questions I asked EPEVER service, but did not receive an answer was : -

Can changes in the computer program change settings in the charge controller and stop it being recognised by the computer program ?

I have now found that if you go into Parameters, device ID Settings, and type wrongly or rightly a 2 into device ID Settings, it all goes through but does not show the 2 on the view where you get all the parameter readings.

It still showed a 1 there ?

The computer program would then not recognise the charge controller, either on the computer I did the change or on, or another that has not had that change made.

It was necessary to go back and change the ID number to 1.

I have found the settings to identify each charge controller separately confusing.

The simple way round will be to purchase two more Mppt Controller Communication Cables, and use three USB ports or a switch.

That is what I shall do : )

Back