diy solar

diy solar

Tiny BMS vs Ant BMS vs Chargery BMS vs Other Cheap BMS

ytwytw

I am looking for BMS for my other 3 BYD battery packs

so far I am happy with the Ant BMS as it has low temp cut off and highly configurable via Bluetooth with their App

Bowsering the forum and I notice other two popular BMS, Tiny BMS and Chargery BMS

Chargery BMS has software upgrade ability and its definitely good thing (the new low temp cut is definitely)
however, it does not have wifi/bluetooth connectivity for me to monitor remotely (I have an android phone in the cabinet for remote monitoring)
It seems come with 2 temp sensor, good enough to me

Tiny BMS looks good on paper, bluetooth connectivity, and low temp cut off too
(I think this is one sold by battery hookup, but only 4S version available)
but I am not sure if it comes with any temp sensor, and how well it does

Of course I can buy one of each to test, but if someone can do a summary of pro/con for all those BMS, definitely appreciated

if anyone is using something else BMS not mentioned here, please post and lets have a chart to compare them

I asked Will to compare ant.bms with other BMS since he did mention he would do an update :) I also have ant.bms. I screwed up cell one reading had to order a replacement. I like the software except for the Chinese suck at software updates. (tweaking)
if one could mod it, that would be awesome.

There is another post on the ANT. bms software, TG.

I asked Will to compare ant.bms with other BMS since he did mention he would do an update :) I also have ant.bms. I screwed up cell one reading had to order a replacement. I like the software except for the Chinese suck at software updates. (tweaking)
if one could mod it, that would be awesome.

There is another post on the ANT. bms software, TG.

Does it really have software updates? never heard of it

Software updates for APPS is one thing and they can happen whenever. It's just an interface app for the BMS.
Firmware updates to the actual BMS is not a common feature in most BMS' unless they are higher end ones like Orion or Batrium.

Firmware upgrade is great but we have to see long term

it's same as car, it does have software update too but rarely happen

Biggest problem with the Chargery seems to be the energy consumption of the relays (4w to just hold it closed 100% of the time). I'm not aware of anyone who has found a low power relay for high amp applications that works with the chargery system. There are magnetic switching relays and low power relays like this Blue Sea but I don't think the magnetic one works, and I don't know if that L series one works either.

Biggest problem with the Chargery seems to be the energy consumption of the relays (4w to just hold it closed 100% of the time). I'm not aware of anyone who has found a low power relay for high amp applications that works with the chargery system. There are magnetic switching relays and low power relays like this Blue Sea but I don't think the magnetic one works, and I don't know if that L series one works either.

Is it for the 100Amp version, or the 600Amp version relay?

The spec is the 10-watt peak (for a very short time) then 4-watts "hold" for all there relay choices

Back