diy solar

diy solar

Today's Daly SmartBMS Android App Update forces a firmware update which fails

Hi all, I have a 17S / 500A lifePo4 BMS. The biggest current ratings they have. My BMS is completely bricked. I try downgrading every version of the android app, doesn't work. I try to connect trough UART, doesn't work. I try OTA firmware update trough Bluetooth with code 220736 given in a previous post. Upgrade start but stall indefinitely at 0% . I am now stuck has I have tried everything I could try. I don't have tried upgrade through CAN nor RS485 because I did not have the equipment needed. Don't think it will work with CAN as it seems CAN is not working anymore ( know it because I used to extract data from BMS through CAN com ). And of course it is beginning of CNY now.... Won't have any reply for a couple of weeks... Damn. Anyone in the same situation ?

Hi all, I have a 17S / 500A lifePo4 BMS. The biggest current ratings they have. My BMS is completely bricked. I try downgrading every version of the android app, doesn't work. I try to connect trough UART, doesn't work. I try OTA firmware update trough Bluetooth with code 220736 given in a previous post. Upgrade start but stall indefinitely at 0% . I am now stuck has I have tried everything I could try. I don't have tried upgrade through CAN nor RS485 because I did not have the equipment needed. Don't think it will work with CAN as it seems CAN is not working anymore ( know it because I used to extract data from BMS through CAN com ). And of course it is beginning of CNY now.... Won't have any reply for a couple of weeks... Damn. Anyone in the same situation ?

The OTA code 220736 you have used is for 4S units, so won't work on a 17S unit.
Attached are the codes supplied to me by the seller I bought my Daly BMS from. They were provided to him by Daly. You may find one of these codes works. You will need to use the 309 codes. The 303 codes are for 4S units.

The wrong code will not work and will either hang at 0% or fail, so there appears to be no danger in trying them all.

Unfortunately, the right code might also fail the first time (as it did with me). I eventually loaded the correct firmware using the base.apk Android App which you'll find in this thread. Even then, I had to try every variant of the firmware a couple of times - downloading them again because they seemed to be corrupt - until I finally had success. My BMS was difficult to start once re-flashed, but did eventually come to life.

Attachments

• -878271790919501959.png
    -878271790919501959.png
    828.9 KB · Views: 200
The OTA code 220736 you have used is for 4S units, so won't work on a 17S unit.
Attached are the codes supplied to me by the seller I bought my Daly BMS from. They were provided to him by Daly. You may find one of these codes works. You will need to use the 309 codes. The 303 codes are for 4S units.

The wrong code will not work and will either hang at 0% or fail, so there appears to be no danger in trying them all.

Unfortunately, the right code might also fail the first time (as it did with me). I eventually loaded the correct firmware using the base.apk Android App which you'll find in this thread. Even then, I had to try every variant of the firmware a couple of times - downloading them again because they seemed to be corrupt - until I finally had success. My BMS was difficult to start once re-flashed, but did eventually come to life.

OTA eventually launch but fail at 100% . I would like to try with base/apk but don't have the correct firmware and I am a bit afraid to send a wrong firmware. Where do you get the firmware in function of your material ?

With the Base.apk the Firmware will be checked If IT the correct once. All avaible Firmware are in this Thread.
You can ASK your Dealer, If IT IS direct from daly IT Takes Times, because of China new year Holidays (cyn)

I would like to try with base/apk but don't have the correct firmware and I am a bit afraid to send a wrong firmware. Where do you get the firmware in function of your material ?

I used the *.s19 files contained in the zip files within this thread.

If the file doesn't match the chip then the firmware will not load (but see below!) and the App will exit with an error.

Make sure you only use the "309" files. I have a 4S BMS and didn't pay close enough attention to the file names and loaded a 309 file instead of a 303. I guess the chip was correct even though the number of cells wasn't because the firmware loaded. The BMS "sort of started" but gave nonsense values for 8 cells. No lasting problem because I easily re-flashed once I realised that I had been stupid.

Please note that once the BMS firmware was upgraded, I needed to reboot the BMS by unplugging the cell connections for a few minutes and then I needed to apply a charging load to get the BMS to turn on properly. Just hitting the startup button only started the display but I couldn't turn on either charge or discharge.

[EDIT]: I forgot to mention, download ALL the firmware files you find in this thread, even if they appear to be duplicates. I found that the one that worked on my BMS had a file reference very similar (as in, the chip number and date) as one which did not work. It's possible that some of the uploads may have been corrupted on download or unpacking.

Servus,
ich habe das Daly BMS 150A 4s 12V Lifepo4 (fanless), Hardware R05U-GI10 (SH39F003).
Mit der Daly-SW (PC-Master) komme ich über USB nicht drauf (USB-Monitor-Kabel), nur mit Sinowealth und der Android-App.
Vorhande Firmware schreibt er mir nur 20210629, also wohl vom 29.06.2021. Welche wäre dafür die richtige FW, die ich mit der Base-App flashen könnte? In diesem Thread habe ich für dieses Modell nichts eindeutiges gefunden...
Danke euch!

Mit der Daly-SW (PC-Master) komme ich über USB nicht drauf (USB-Monitor-Kabel) ...
Für Verbindung (BMS via UART/BT Port) mit PC Master brauchst du UART/USB Kabel, und nicht Monitor/USB!

Attachments

• uart-monitor.jpg
    uart-monitor.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 25
Servus,
ich habe das Daly BMS 150A 4s 12V Lifepo4 (fanless), Hardware R05U-GI10 (SH39F003).
Mit der Daly-SW (PC-Master) komme ich über USB nicht drauf (USB-Monitor-Kabel), nur mit Sinowealth und der Android-App.
Vorhande Firmware schreibt er mir nur 20210629, also wohl vom 29.06.2021. Welche wäre dafür die richtige FW, die ich mit der Base-App flashen könnte? In diesem Thread habe ich für dieses Modell nichts eindeutiges gefunden...
Danke euch!
Mine is also a 150A 12V 4S. I tried each of the *.s19 files until I found one which worked. The App will not load an incorrect firmware. Just make sure that you use the "303" files and NOT the "309" files.

Base.apk does not found any bluetooth BMS.. tried everything with no result so far

That's odd. You could use the SmartBMS over Bluetooth with no problem?

Have you tried rebooting the BMS by removing the connection plug for the battery terminals for a few minutes? (You did press the start up button on the BT module, didn't you? ;))

Yep, did all that many times, in many different chronology. It is just not working as someone else on this thread mention it. Smart bms can connect and load a firmware but ended up failing. Base apk just does not work.

Can't even connect to smart bms since this morning. :mad:

Last edited:
DALY akp's for Android

Please note that the above link is for the historical SmartBMS Android App releases and not for the base.apk Android App, which is needed to refresh the firmware.

Yep, did all that many times, in many different chronology. It is just not working as someone else on this thread mention it. Smart bms can connect and load a firmware but ended up failing. Base apk just does not work.

Can't even connect to smart bms since this morning. :mad:

That happened to me too. I had to reboot the BMS a couple of times - including providing a charge load to the BMS/Battery - before I could bring it back to life and start Bluetooth.

Not sure I have anything more to suggest :cry:

Mine is also a 150A 12V 4S. I tried each of the *.s19 files until I found one which worked. The App will not load an incorrect firmware. Just make sure that you use the "303" files and NOT the "309" files.
Thank you. Which hardware do you have printed on your 150A?

Last edited:
Thank you. Which hardware do you have printed on your 150A?

20230120_151620.jpg

From memory, the firmware I uploaded with base.apk was BmsSTM32F030_303_20220722.s19

I am not entirely sure about this because I had to try them all a couple of times - the first time nothing worked, so I downloaded and unpacked all of the files again. I did notice, though, that the chipset accepted was STM rather than the cloned GD version.

Back