diy solar

diy solar

Too good to be true cheapest lifepo4 that I have ever seen.

Went WAY downhill in quality on his update video on the weize battery. Made me sick since I have the older nice one and cant get anymore now.

Is Bunfloe the same company as DJLBERMPW ? I see a Bunfloe for $239.99 and free shipping, and found a YT vid were someone capacity and load tested it and was able to do 100AH and 100A. BMS didn't cut out on overcurrent for 10's of seconds over 150A though.

Guessing from the weight they're using pouch cells.

edit: FWIW, I just saw that Walmart has Chins 100AH for $259.99. I remember seeing Chins cheapened their builds too though.

Y'all really outa click over to Youtube and search "tofu dreg." And this is the shit they build for their own people.

Is Bunfloe the same company as DJLBERMPW ? I see a Bunfloe for $239.99 and free shipping, and found a YT vid were someone capacity and load tested it and was able to do 100AH and 100A. BMS didn't cut out on overcurrent for 10's of seconds over 150A though.

edit: FWIW, I just saw that Walmart has Chins 100AH for $259.99. I remember seeing Chins cheapened their builds too though.
According to my understanding of batteries, the best way to judge pouch cells is whether they bulging, rather than by weight. This weight is also normal for a 100ah battery.I'm also looking forward to what it's like inside.

Went WAY downhill in quality on his update video on the weize battery. Made me sick since I have the older nice one and cant get anymore now.
STAY AWAY. I had to return 2 batteries that were already returned from Weize. The BMS basically did not do anything on both. I have pics of the batteries going down to 9.7 volts. I had to stop it. Total hack job from. weize. STAY AWAY.

Ive switched to chins and I'm very happy with them. I bought one of the 48v ones for the house and Ive been buying the 12v ones for the low voltage house stuff. The 12v ones I bought have low temp cutoff too. Working great.

Looks nice, but you should replace those brass busbars... they can cause a fire.

Already tested with a high current load and they hardly even get warm. It's already been looked over by a professional and gave me the thumbs up.

Lol thanks anyway

Last edited:
I see comments on brass terminals being bad. Are the Victron Shunts not made of brass? I think my Battleborn battery terminals are made of brass.

Not saying anything about the quality of the battery discussed here just wondering about the brass thing.
They are sold as capable of 300 or even 400, but when loaded with over 150A, the heat up rapidly.

Not suitable for over 150A

1700338441067.png

looks like the price has gone down a good amount since the posting of this thread. Still nobody actually got them? (other than their previous brand maybe?)

I see comments on brass terminals being bad. Are the Victron Shunts not made of brass? I think my Battleborn battery terminals are made of brass.

Not saying anything about the quality of the battery discussed here just wondering about the brass thing.
I misread your question.
Brass has a hogher resistance than copper or aluminum.
Sized large enough, the terminals arent a big deal, but those busbars certainly can be.

Looks nice, but you should replace those brass busbars... they can cause a fire.

I agree that the brass bus bars sold as 300-400A are not to be used for over 150A, but to flat out say they will cause a fire is unfair. A pure copper bus bar will cause fires too if you overload it. How many pure copper brass bars out there are being sold for cheap and marketed as "300A" but are actually no good for more than 100-150A?

For someone like me who will never run more than about 120A (for a few seconds) through my bus bars, these inexpensive brass bus bars are just fine.

Now cheapo DC breakers being used as a breaker or cheap DC switches that are being switched on/off under high loads...those are just a bad idea all around or should be replaced after being switched under high loads even once or twice.

Bunfloe and DJLBERMPW are not the same company.

Back