diy solar

diy solar

Trying to find high voltage solar blankets

alishac

I bought a solar blanket in Australia that is 300w and 70.8v max open circuit, 60v vmp. And it does just that.
The blanket cost $750 which is pretty good for what it is and produces in sunny and cloudy days. In Australia there is
only 1 other business that sells a high voltage solar blanket but for over $1000. Anyway Both the blankets have Japanese
etfe. One issue with mine though is that it folds out into 6 panels and doesn't have the little stands so I have to DIY a stand for it
or just lay it on the ground.

What I been trying to do though is search on alibaba for high voltage solar blankets considering pretty much every solar blanket
is made in china.. I've searched with so many keywords and only found 1 that does 70v but the company has only been around
for 1 year so cant fully trust it. I'm trying to find something simular with 300w, 70v max but for weeks now I've yet to find
anything.

Has anyone found any manufacturer in alibaba that does high-voltage solar blankets above 48v?

whats wrong with 48v versions and just put the 2 in series. sell the one you have and buy 4 new easy to get less expensive ones.

in Australia for solar blankets at even low voltages like 24v sell at $600-$1200. As for china I've checked and found only 1 that was 48v though it was heavier then my 70v one and thicker and to get it to Australia it would end up being the same price as my $700 70v one. The only cheap solar blankets at 20v don't work as well as the high quality ones.. I seen people do tests and the blankets end up being less wattage.. they state 300w but really are only 100w but the high quality ones that come with the etfe coating and cost over $600 you will end up getting the wattage stated.. But I only got a 100/30 victron smart solar so I wouldn't be able to hook up a few together as it may go over that 30a rating.

Back