diy solar

diy solar

Trying to install Solar Assistant

Yes that is an important distinction.
I bought my Solar Assistant Orange Pi from Watts247, but unfortunately my inverter is not listed in the installed SA software. I had hoped that SA would come with the latest software.

I now need to update the SA software to a newer version that supports Luxpower 12K hybrid inverters. After numerous posts from Firepig and nscottsdale, I am concern about connecting the raspberry orange pi to the internet to do a download.

I have added a new router connected by WAN to another router LAN that has internet. When I unplug the new router WAN, I lose the internet, but my computer shows the new router unique WiFi name with no internet secured.

My intent is to connect the raspberry orange pi to the new router by LAN and update the SA software over the internet. The question is will this update the Solar Assistant Orange Pi without all the internet issues experienced by other DIY members?

Last edited:
will this update the Solar Assistant Orange Pi without all the internet issues experienced by other DIY members?
I am hardwired to Solar Assistant and thought the "internet issues" were WIFI related? I actually hardwire any device that I can since there are so many other devices that use WIFI that I want the reliability of copper Ethernet when I can do it conveniently

Good points and I agree. I bought the Solar Assistant, so I could disconnect my inverters from the clouds.

I already have an internet switch in the area with the inverters and batteries, so it would be easy to connect the SA to the switch and do the download. Afterward disconnect the SA from the switch and no connection to the internet.

Good points and I agree. I bought the Solar Assistant, so I could disconnect my inverters from the clouds.

I already have an internet switch in the area with the inverters and batteries, so it would be easy to connect the SA to the switch and do the download. Afterward disconnect the SA from the switch and no connection to the internet.
That's fine, if you only want to monitor it locally.

Back