diy solar

diy solar

UK Victron ESS, 2 x 48/3000 and 14.5Kwh DIY LIFEPO4 (work in progress)

AndyReact

Just starting on my Victron ESS, 2 x 48/3000 multiplus II with 14.5kwh lifepo4 using EVE cells and a JBD BMS.

There is space to the right for another multiplus or possibly solar inverter, not sure yet.

The AC input will be coming from the existing house consumer unit that is in a cloak room across the hall behind that wall, the output will be fed to the consumer unit in the picture and some of the existing circuits will be wired into that. (For UPS function)

The OSB backboard is spaced off the wall using unistrut with rockwool insulation behind it in an attempt to reduce the noise from the inverters...

Any comments welcome

IMG_20230218_204435135~3.jpgIMG_20230608_200332095.jpg

A watcher of off grid garage by any chance?

Looks very neat ?
I do yes! ?

Cheers.

Bit more done now! Got the cables across to/from the existing consumer unit. Just waiting for my sparky mate to finish the wiring and sign it off!

Then I can work out how to get all this parallel multiplus ESS stuff working! ?

Attachments

• IMG_20230616_151140864.jpg
    IMG_20230616_151140864.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 15
Looking nice. Did you get the USB adaptor at all, you'll need it to program the Multiplus with the ESS assistant in VE Config. I'm guessing the second Multiplus is going to assist the first one, or are you doing parallel operation/split phase?

Where did you get your cells from? Fogstar?

Any panels connected?
Sorry I didn't reply earlier, I didn't get a notification. Yes from Fogstar when they were doing 10% off on Fridays!

No solar, I would like to add it in the future but funds are tight at the moment!

Looking nice. Did you get the USB adaptor at all, you'll need it to program the Multiplus with the ESS assistant in VE Config. I'm guessing the second Multiplus is going to assist the first one, or are you doing parallel operation/split phase?
I have the mk3 dongle yeah, they will be in parallel, hoping to add another inverter at some point, either another multiplus, or a solar inverter if I can afford panels too! Another 3Kva would probably cover any peaks in my loads so I wouldn't be taking anything from the grid during the day.

Back