diy solar

diy solar

Using inverter or Charging batteries on 240 (no neutral)

LordKitsuna

Hey everyone, I'm in the middle of rebuilding an rv and i ended up going with an Eg4 6000XP inverter. I'll have 3.6kW of panels however i was trying to find a way to "top off" when those aren't enough.

I found a supplier of ev charger cables that has a J1772 to NEMA 6-50 adapter and confirmed it works on random public ev chargers. Most will top at 30A at 240v output but some can go to 50A The only issue is you get no neutral from this, just an L1 L2 and ground. I can't find a definitive answer on if the Eg4 6k will accept line or genny input without a neutral.

If not what options are there out there for direct 48v chargers i could slap on the battery busbars that will run off 240 with no neutral?

Hey everyone, I'm in the middle of rebuilding an rv and i ended up going with an Eg4 6000XP inverter. I'll have 3.6kW of panels however i was trying to find a way to "top off" when those aren't enough.

I found a supplier of ev charger cables that has a J1772 to NEMA 6-50 adapter and confirmed it works on random public ev chargers. Most will top at 30A at 240v output but some can go to 50A The only issue is you get no neutral from this, just an L1 L2 and ground. I can't find a definitive answer on if the Eg4 6k will accept line or genny input without a neutral.

I can't say definitively, but a split phase inverter also powers loads WITH shore when charging from shore. If you are ONLY using 240V loads, it might work, but if you have ANY 120V loads, it won't.

If not what options are there out there for direct 48v chargers i could slap on the battery busbars that will run off 240 with no neutral?

Chargeverter

I can't say definitively, but a split phase inverter also powers loads WITH shore when charging from shore. If you are ONLY using 240V loads, it might work, but if you have ANY 120V loads, it won't.

Chargeverter

The chargeverter looks to definitely be an option, a little spendy tbh but a good fallback if i can't get the inverter powered directly

Back