diy solar

diy solar

Van builder says Hi

Hi All!

After a long time reading and getting information upon solar setups and battery systems decided to sign up. I’m building a van at the moment and plan a power hungry 12v system. I’m aware that this will not get me the most efficient system, but I have a multiplus2 3000 12V available so I better use it.

My main interests on the forum will be related to learning about the battery system and later on installation of the solar modules.

Plan at the moment is to have 2p4s EVE 304Ah modules to power the equipment. This includes induction and an ac system. I was contemplating for the Winston LiFeYPO4 modules but I can’t justify the price difference. Also, I belief the Winston’s only benefit in my setup will be the ability to take low temperature charges. The higher C rate won’t be a bigger benefit since the EVE’s will give me enough power to discharge at a relatively low C-Rate combined with my multiplus.

To continue with the battery topic, I’m designing a casing for it at the moment which might be a little “over-engineered”. It has a preload system keeping the cells at pressure while still having a bottom which is extendable. Any feedback to this is highly welcome!

Greetings!
Niels

Attachments

• BatteryCasingEVE304_V2_IMG1.PNG
    BatteryCasingEVE304_V2_IMG1.PNG
    504.4 KB · Views: 3
  • BatteryCasingEVE304_V2_IMG3.PNG
    BatteryCasingEVE304_V2_IMG3.PNG
    396 KB · Views: 3
  • BatteryCasingEVE304_V2_IMG2.png
    BatteryCasingEVE304_V2_IMG2.png
    730.2 KB · Views: 3
Looks like a great start. The 12v will be far simpler to integrate into the van electric system.
If the cells are inside the heated van should be no issues. A small direct heat system will keep the cells plenty warm for charging if needed.

Back