diy solar

diy solar

Victron. components

Logan 979

If I have a Victron Battery Monitor & Victron connect for my laptop is a GX touch or color control redundant ?

When I want to get a quick view of the battery status the Touch 50 is handy. But I mainly use it to turn my inverter on/off. I do have my Touch 50/Cerbo GX setup to display the temp/humidity of the wireless Ruuvi devices that I put in various locations (inside, outside, refrigerator and freezer).

My Cerbo GX is not setup for remote access. Someday it will be.

When I want to get a quick view of the battery status the Touch 50 is handy. But I mainly use it to turn my inverter on/off. I do have my Touch 50/Cerbo GX setup to display the temp/humidity of the wireless Ruuvi devices that I put in various locations (inside, outside, refrigerator and freezer).

My Cerbo GX is not setup for remote access. Someday it will be.
I would just like something I can walk in the room push a button and see what's up. Total newbie, novice. Thanks for the reply

I would just like something I can walk in the room push a button and see what's up. Total newbie, novice. Thanks for the reply

Truth. I do this regularly with my CCGX... but I wish I had the additional connectivity options of the Cerbo. Most of the time I have to settle for remote console on a webpage or the VRM app on my phone:

1661817207790.png

It would be nice to connect to the Cerbo GX on my phone and get the same view that I see on the Touch 50. But since I have the Touch 50, it's a "nice to have" wish, not a "need to have" for me.

I actually find quicker info on the Victron app than on my CCGX. Usually when I want to know the status of the battery I open the app on my phone.

Especially since the last software upgrade.

2E67D6D8-837B-4DF5-B1CD-57CED8BAA38D.png

I can now quickly see I have 71% battery capacity and 2+ days until my battery hits bottom.

I think the GX device (Cerbo+Touch or CCGX) really makes since when you get the inverter especially if you have solar. That’s where it really shines (pun totally intended ?).

Good Luck

I actually find quicker info on the Victron app than on my CCGX. Usually when I want to know the status of the battery I open the app on my phone.

Especially since the last software upgrade.

View attachment 109266

I can now quickly see I have 71% battery capacity and 2+ days until my battery hits bottom.

I think the GX device (Cerbo+Touch or CCGX) really makes since when you get the inverter especially if you have solar. That’s where it really shines (pun totally intended ?).

Good Luck
Yup
I'm liking the update too.
Don't have to wait for it to connect. And can see that information on multiple devices simultaneously.

I actually don't look at the victron app, much.
I chose it because it works with Solar Assistant.

diy solar

diy solar
Back