diy solar

diy solar

Victron Connect stopped connecting?

Cory

The victron connect app worked fine until my wife connected yesterday with her I phone. Now I get no devices in the
device list. The smart shunt and controller are both pared. When I click on one of the pared devices, I get this:
An app is needed to use this device. The app is running. I have tried repairing, location is on, re-entering the 000000 pin and
rebooting my phone and the controller. No good. My wife's phone is turned off.

Other than physically disconnecting the wires and then hooking them up, the only way I can think of getting in the device is through the VE Direct Cable. The cable is not free, but the software can be downloaded for free.

If you can see the device in the device list, you can tap on the icon and reset the pin. If you go this route, you will need the serial number of the unit. If you don't have that handy, its on the back of the unit itself. I had to reset the PIN on mine once either because I forgot (Most Likely) or the device dumped the pin. I can't remember what my message said.

I'm trying to connect with the VIctron connect app with the smartshunt and controller. I don't need a cable.
Like I said, it all worked until my wife connected her Iphone yesterday. NOw my samsung will not connect.
I have tried everything I can think of. Other than a HAMMER!

I have it fixed. It was the new Victron Connect v5.8 app. I uninstalled it and installed to older v5.77 and
all is working again. Their is another couple of hours wasted on IT crap.

Back