diy solar

diy solar

Victron Connect won't pair

xy74

Having troubles with the allegedly simple Victron product. Tech support? What tech support........ hopefully this forum. Until then it's an expensive doorstop.

MPPT 250/60 new from NAZ solar. Victron Connect App, apple iPhone 11 with whatever the latest software that gets pushed on it. Connect to battery (no PV) and open the app. The "settings" screen on the phone under bluetooth does not see any "other devices". The app sees the MPPT, go to pair and enter 000000. Lights are blinking on the MPPT. Does the connecting dance and pops up with the enter the code again. Do that, connect dance to 100% and pops up with failed to connect, here is the troubleshooting page. Go through all steps on there and nothing changes. (restart phone, hard close app, remove and reinstall app, reset power to MPPT) All the permissions appear to be approved. Called NAZ solar and apparently they are only tech support for half the world that uses android, he insisted it's a problem with my "antiquated phone". The dealer is supposed to be the tech support for Victron, but not feeling it.

Surely this is simple problem somebody knows the fix for?

Yeah the victron BT is only discovered via the victron app not as a Bluetooth device in general settings of an iPhone.

How far are you away from the SCC?

My 100/15 is good for up to 15 or 20ft

If you’re just on the edge of range it’ll keep asking for the security code.

To make you feel better I’ve had zero issues with an iPhone 7plus and iPhone 8.

Last edited:
I am 2 ft away from it. Just tried it on my wife's phone, it does the exact same thing.

It does not show paired in the phone settings or the app. Wife's phone is a 13 and mine is an 11. As best I can tell, all settings on the phones are enabled. Went through the apple troubleshooting for generic bluetooth and everything is set how it is supposed to be.

The MPPT seems to work, set it with the rotary switch for their generic lifepo4 settings and it was sending the current it should be sending to the battery. Sure would be nice if this fancy thing had some way to custom set the charge voltage and be able to track how much juice it sends to the battery. Maybe it is overpriced euro trash? ;)

Huh, hope you get it fixed. I’ve had no issues with any of my Victron devices on either android or iphone, new and old models.

I had this happen once with my iPad. I had connected to it before, but then I had changed the pin using my iPhone, so it wouldn’t connect. I had to “forget” the device in VC and try and reconnect.

@sunshine_eggo any ideas?

I had this happen once with my iPad. I had connected to it before, but then I had changed the pin using my iPhone, so it wouldn’t connect. I had to “forget” the device in VC and try and reconnect.

@sunshine_eggo any ideas?

sorry no. I almost never use bluetooth, and when I do, it's Android.

I'm suspecting that the unit might be a return where someone changed the PIN. That's a no-no.

I would try with an Android phone or...

Like others have said, sounds like a PIN issue. Did you try 123456 ? Wasn't that a default also used by Victron? There has to be a way to reset the PIN with a hard rest.

My daughter has an android, too bad she lives in NC. Oddly enough I don't have a mac, use a desktop PC. The phone is a just a phone with a camera to me, not a lifestyle investment. :)

Everything is packed up in the truck to take it to the cabin, so I'll give the password reset a try tomorrow. Won't report back until I get home on Monday. I see in the printed instructions it says "This also applies to products that have already been delivered from the factory with a random PIN code". hmmmmmmm

Do you happen to have an Amazon fire tablet? They are dirt cheap an can run victron connect

I always heard victron apps run better on apple stuff. I have had zero issues connecting with older iphones, macbooks and older ipads.

I always heard victron apps run better on apple stuff. I have had zero issues connecting with older iphones, macbooks and older ipads.

I've never heard that EXCEPT for bluetooth. There's a major limitation that the PC VC can't connect via BT, so that might be the perception.

The most robust portion of the ecosystem is the various assistants for advanced functions. These can only be loaded via VEConfigure3, which is only available for PC.

I’d say if you can’t reset the pin like in the video I’d ask for a new unit. I’m paying 50% of the price for the BT ability and intergration in VE.virtual network

The instructions in the video worked perfectly. Thank you very much Mr eggo! That does bring the question of why it had a different PIN set in it. We'll see what the seller has to say about it. Didn't seem to be aware of the fix for the issue. The linked instructions do claim it may be done at the factory. ????

That said, the system is working extremely well so far as best I can tell. Main goal was the run a fridge, a few lights, a random small appliance. Lowest the battery went to with a limited load of 1 light, an occasional electric water kettle, a few air charges with the pancake compressor and a fridge was 80%. I have 5 295W used panels connected in series and it was at 100% before noon with partly cloudy skies and the panels just laid out on the ground. Very surprised it still charges a little when the sun is well behind the trees in the evening. (anytime after 4) Still trying to determine how may panels we'll need, but 5 might work out.

Got part if it installed over the weekend, still have to finish up the PV and grounds. A couple pictures for the curious. (this forum needs more pictures!) Yes, the AC end of it is very temporary!

And if anyone is wondering, it is completely silent until you get over 1000 watts running and then there is a quiet hum from the inverter. It will eventually be in a 3X4 closet.

IMG_2421.jpgIMG_2422.jpgIMG_2423.jpg

Good looking start to a nice place.

Glad to hear it worked, I’ll have to keep that pin reset in mind.

Back