diy solar

diy solar

Victron Controller, Am I seeing this correctly?

saxon11

I have 3 - 200W panels setup. I have noticed my battery not as full as normal. When I looked at my Victron app (this was midday with full fun), it reads only 45W.

Questions:
1. Is that all that 45w displayed its pulling in from the sun?
2. If my battery gets low, and continues to discharge (i have it sending air pump into my pond), will it eventually ruin my battery if runs it too low?
3. Will the controlller help stop the discharge of my battery if getting too low?

I used to use large AGM battery, but now use https://dakotalithium.com/product/d...h-18-amp-hour-lifepo4-iron-phosphate-battery/. My pump pulls 60W. IMG_2147.PNG

Questions:
1. Is that all that 45w displayed its pulling in from the sun?
Yes
2. If my battery gets low, and continues to discharge (i have it sending air pump into my pond), will it eventually ruin my battery if runs it too low?
No. They aren't like lead acid batteries where discharging them completely damages them.
3. Will the controlller help stop the discharge of my battery if getting too low?
No. The SmartSolar only controls putting power from the PV panels into your battery.

It shows it is in a floating state so it already filled the battery. You need to put some load on the battery to see it produce more power in that state since the battery doesn't need any more charge itself.

Your in float. That means zero should be going into the LFP battery. After your current goes to almost zero during your peak absorption voltage, the controller will go to float and likely you will not see any thing till you go down below 13.5v.

This is to keep from cooking your battery.

What are your settings?

13.81v is high for float - unless it just finished the absorbing mode and it is drifting down to the float voltage.

Also, the History tab has TONS of info to help figure out what is happening. The graph for today, plus today’s high voltage and low voltage. And the last week (a whole month is available) of this same data - you can see the trends of what is happening.

If you want more info from us - post the History screen and battery setup screen.

Back