diy solar

diy solar

Victron dual inverters in split phase, able to use 15a 120v?

justinm001

Solar Addict
One of the biggest features with Victron inverters is I'm able to limit my input to under 15a especially when home as I can park my rig further from the house. Also my other houses have 15a at the street so it's simple.

If I go 50amp split phase using dual inverters would I lose this feature or would just 1 inverter charge while both invert?

I'm debating spending 3k on another 48v inverter for split phase and trying to convert my 12v eg4s to 48v, or spend the cash to add a 48v 100a alternator...although having 3 alternators on my coach seems odd (12 and 48v house and 24v chassis)

If you go 2X 48V/5000, you will need to use VEConfigure3 and the VE Bus System Configurator to set them in split phase as L1 and L2.

There is an option "Switch as Group" for each AC input on the Quattros.

If you desire to the feed L1 inverter with single phase only on AC-in-1, then you would DISABLE "Switch as Group" in AC-in-1.

In this case, the L1 inverter would passthrough the 15A ac input, charge with any surplus and powerassist. The L2 inverter would be in pure inverter mode.

You can still hook up split phase to L1 and L2 on AC-in-1, but charging won't be as robust as when "switch as group" is enabled.

AC-in-2 could have "switch as group" enabled for dedicated 50A shore or split phase genny input.

Where is this switch as group at? Is it I'm veconfig or vrm app?

So I could have them setup as split phase and switch as group disabled then still get 50amp on each leg, but be able to change the input down to 15amp on the app?

The Quattro 5000 48v has a 70a charger which is plenty so doesn't really matter if it's charging slower as long as I can pass through the full amount.

Nice to know I can have in1 disabled and in2 enabled as I would want to charge as fast as possible. I think my 20k genny has 80amp breakers and I could come close to that with 6 acs and charging batteries

Where is this switch as group at? Is it I'm veconfig or vrm app?

If you go 2X 48V/5000, you will need to use VEConfigure3 and the VE Bus System Configurator to set them in split phase as L1 and L2.

So I could have them setup as split phase and switch as group disabled then still get 50amp on each leg, but be able to change the input down to 15amp on the app?

Switch as group forces the inverter pair to switch to AC input together.

When it's disabled, them switching to passthrough is a little less reliable. For grid, it shouldn't be an issue. For a generator, you may find they don't passthrough unless you increase the tolerance, or they may charge at reduced output.

diy solar

diy solar
Back