diy solar

diy solar

Victron multipluss blown fuse

brackstone

I was doing my first startuo on my multipluss 5KVA inverter and on initial startup it blue my main fuse. I fought the inverter would have a soft startup but now I think not.

So I am trying again and doing a charge via a 1M ohm resistor (all I have). but strange thing is happening with voltages which is worrying me a little.

I have two 24v batteries connected in series. With no load teh busbar is showing 50V. When I connect the from busbar to inverter the bus bar voltage drops to near 0v and very slowly increases over a long time as the resistor is very high, but there is no heavy current so I would not think the battery voltage should drop off like this.

each battery when tested is showing the 24V but overall in series near 0v increasing

After a while the voltage has jumped to 50V via the resistor, so I connected inverter direst to battery bank via fuse and the voltage on the batteries started to drop off again going slowly down below 30v, fuse all ok and mu current meater and app not showing any high current, also no heat on anything. not sure if this is battery or inverter issues

Last edited:
If the batteries are in parallel.
The voltage remains the same and the amperage is added together.

If the batteries are in parallel.
The voltage remains the same and the amperage is added together.
Sorry just relised should have said batteries are in series haveing a bad day:oops: just edited the question thanks for pointing this out

Can you look at BMS data?
To make sure that both batteries have discharge on.

Back