diy solar

diy solar

Victron Phoenix 12/1200 inverter

Logan 979

Victron Phoenix 12/1200 inverter the diagram I have which I got from where I purchased say's to use a 2/0 cable connection from battery to the inverter. I do not see how that cable is going to fit into the inverter + - slots as they are smaller than a 2/0 cable. 800 watts of solar & Victron 150/60 charge controller. 12 volt system. Also how do I determine wether to hook the panels up in series or parallel ? Thank you

Victron Phoenix 12/1200 inverter the diagram I have which I got from where I purchased say's to use a 2/0 cable connection from battery to the inverter. I do not see how that cable is going to fit into the inverter + - slots as they are smaller than a 2/0 cable. 800 watts of solar & Victron 150/60 charge controller. 12 volt system. Also how do I determine wether to hook the panels up in series or parallel ? Thank you
How far from your battery to the inverter? Use any one of the various wire size calculators to calculate the size you actually need. Figuring conversion losses, your load is going to be around 1500w (to be conservative for the sake of sizing).

Either the seller is misinformed or someone made a small mistake. The manual for the Victron 12/1200 inverter states "maximum cable cross-section" for that inverter is 2AWG, not 2/0. I have the same inverter and 2AWG barely fits.

In the case you already purchased the cable and stuck with it, sometimes I have found you can remove some of the strands to make the conductor just small enough to fit into the connector lug receptacle. Then you still have the fatter cable there (in case it is long run).

Another alternative is to put a fuse there, where you can make a transition from a long 2/0 cable say, to a 2 AWG short cable.

Or just use the 2 AWG for the whole run.

Last edited:

diy solar

diy solar
Back