diy solar

diy solar

Victron Ve buss smart dongle?

S Davis

Solar Enthusiast
I just purchased a victron Multiplus 12/3000 120 -50, once installed it will be tough for me to get a computer hooked up to it for programming. My question is do you have all of the adjustments available via the VE buss Smart Dongle that you do on a computer via the MK3-USB interface. I have read/ watched everything I could find and couldn’t find an answer.

Last time I checked the smart dongle only allows you to change the input current limit as well as switch between Off, On and Charger-only modes.

You can use the VictronConnect app on either window or Mac to perform most configuration, but you’ll need the mark 3 to usb device.

To access all config options you’ll need either the mark 3 to usb device connected directly to the MP or you’ll need a GX device (like a cerbo) and the VRM configured so you can download and upload your configuration through the VRM. The VRM allows you to download/upload a config file that needs to be opened in VE Config (windows only).

Ok, guess I need a laptop.
You don’t need a fancy laptop ( or even new one) mine is a spare one 7 years old and works fine for this purpose. But for firmware updates and programming ya need to use the laptop.

The dongle is very helpful too when connected to the other devices in the network…at its price it’s a no brainer for helping monitor what and how the overall system is doing or not doing.

PLUS …it has a cool blinking blue light…. I say, the more blinking lights ,the better.

Good luck, J.

Back