diy solar

diy solar

Want a meter that'll do everything, maybe not so cheap.

I'll post photos, if you think it'll do any good. Nothing's potted. Schematic only showed a blank square for the control board in the shop manual. Procedure was to simply replace the (now not available) $400 board. Key pad more.
Back to my earlier suggestion. Not unreasonably expensive at $100. Measures in particular Capacitance: 99.99mF.
It's a good suggestion, I just thought I might save $75 on one just like it.

Washer pad.JPG

Last edited:
I think I did see a clamp DC ammeter around $40 (new) on eBay or Amazon, of an unknown brand. You pays you money and you takes you chances.
All the features and ranges of the HF meter covered what I wanted. Just don't know about the quality and longevity. But at least I was able to buy retail and could have returned for refund if desired.

I have a good Fluke purchased 20 years ago. I got the HF for clamp ammeter, also getting 1000A (vs. 10A), inrush, non-contact voltage features. But clamp DC amps (and AC amps) are mostly what I use.

At work we're using other Fluke meters with other ranges. Like clamp AC amps with 1 microamp resolution. Also flexible cable ammeter. Special applications.

So far I'm satisfied with the HF one I got.
What I'd like but don't have yet is IR camera. I borrowed one, and it was useful to see issues in PV panels. It would be good for wiring under load.

So far I'm satisfied with the HF one I got.
I've had a HF clamp meter for 15 years. Works good, just missing the features i need. Cut way back going to HF since they got stingy with the coupons and flyers.
After all, the washer/dryer still works, sort of, and I do have a old Kenmore. Just can't bring myself to throw away a really expensive appliance with very little wear and I thought fixing it might be fun.

Last edited:
I drove a Bronco II almost into the ground, with turn signals not working, drivers door not opening, cooling fan clutch bad, transmission only able to go into gears 3/4/5. I pulled out the front drive shaft, used low range on the streets, stopped and switched to high range for freeway.

When clunker credit program came we traded this in. My sister got a new Honda Fit and I got her old Civic. My Bronco II was the only true clunker the dealer took it, the others were just upgrades of relatively new decent cars.

If the washer works, run it.
If you can fix it right (for cheap), so much the better.
Search the PCB part numbers on eBay. I fixed my furnace that way. Also an older washer, replacing the timer.

Back