diy solar

diy solar

Warning: Todays iOS version of JKBMS app breaks settings. Do not update!

PrivatePIlot

iPhone JK BMS users, do not update the app to the version that was released today - it has a major bug where the entire settings page is now blank, at least for me.

I've killled the app a few times and reset etc etc, but still no settings - it's just a blank page now.

1689192356937.png

If you don't have auto-update on and you still have the last version of the app, hold onto it for the time being until hopefully a new version is released fixing this bug.

And hopefully nobody needs to setup a new BMS in the meantime.

What if you delete the app and install it from scratch? As long as your current settings in the BMS are where you want them, will a read get you back in business?

I am reluctant to try that in case it does end up borking something up as I need the battery this weekend.

All of my settings are long ago configured and I can get away without accessing them until they fix things, however it may be a bigger concern for others.

If the app is already broken for you then I don't see what harm it would be to do what @Brett V suggested. It won't affect the BMS at all since you already have that configured. It may fix it if there is some bug with it trying to read something from an older format locally.

I'll wait first and see if anybody else reports having the same issue before deciding to narrow it down to being a device level thing versus an App level thing. ;)

Well I'm not going to update unless you can verify deleting and reinstalling the iOS app fixes it since I don't want to get stuck also ;)

So far as I can tell you're not missing out on anything, aside from the settings page being broken I detect absolutely no difference in the app itself.

iPhone JK BMS users, do not update the app to the version that was released today - it has a major bug where the entire settings page is now blank, at least for me.

I've killled the app a few times and reset etc etc, but still no settings - it's just a blank page now.

View attachment 157182

If you don't have auto-update on and you still have the last version of the app, hold onto it for the time being until hopefully a new version is released fixing this bug.

And hopefully nobody needs to setup a new BMS in the meantime.
i have exactly the same problem. iphone 12 pro max, IOS ver 16.5.1

Edit: could it be the problem is actually the “c” version? 16.5.1 (c)

iPhone update is already 16.5.1
JK version V4.15.0 Everything is still working on IPhone 12 Pro.IMG_0809.jpegIMG_0808.jpegIMG_0807.jpeg

Last edited:
That’s interesting:
From App Store- JK bms- version
IMG_0810.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm doing a small project and am considering either the JBD or the JK BMS.

I really like the better balance characteristics of the JK, but am concerned with the number of software problems they have had.

How many regret their JK BMS purchase?

As an aside, do all the JK's have Bluetooth capability or is there a module option? Just starting to do some research on them.

I'm doing a small project and am considering either the JBD or the JK BMS.

I really like the better balance characteristics of the JK, but am concerned with the number of software problems they have had.

How many regret their JK BMS purchase?

As an aside, do all the JK's have Bluetooth capability or is there a module option? Just starting to do some research on them.
The latest iOS update now works with the latest JK app update. I have three units and they are operating flawlessly. The only issue I had was State Of Charge. This was cured by temporarily lowering the OVP to the highest cell delta anticipated so that it would just trip when the voltage reached absorption voltage. One or perhaps two times doing this and the BMS will remember this as full. Then set the OVP as normal. All three now hit 99% together and integrate great with Solar Assistant for status anywhere.
Having previously a Daly and still using a Overkill with a Heltec balancer for a trolling motor, I can say without a doubt no regrets about the JK’s
Go for it!

What’s the latest version iOS for JK BMS?

When searching the App Store for JK BMS the first hit comes up in Asian characters

What’s the latest version iOS for JK BMS?

When searching the App Store for JK BMS the first hit comes up in Asian characters

That's the App I have .... Mine is V4.17.0

Back