diy solar

diy solar

Weize batteries have gone up on Amazon

I just wanted to let anybody who read this thread that I bought $16000 worth of rack and wall type batteries from a company called TAICO power over alibaba. All good comments and so called ‘3 year watranty’ tricked me into it. Batteries came after 3 months and 3 of them have big problems. After first charge State of Health was 85%. Clearly they use either faulty or used batteries in their rack type. They even acknowledged cells have problems after i sent them bms error logs. It has been 2 months and they have not done anything for warranty. They started with chinese holidays, then covid (in sept 2022) and then they even said as an excuse nobody feels like working after holiday. Now i can not install any of them to my customers. Because I have strong feeling that others will fail and obviously their warranty was fake. So please trust companies that have solid references in your country.

Last edited:
I just wanted to let anybody who read this thread that I bought $16000 worth of rack and wall type batteries from a company called TAICO power over alibaba. All good comments and so called ‘3 year watranty’ tricked me into it. Batteries came after 3 months and 3 of them have big problems. After first charge State of Health was 85%. Clearly they use either faulty or used batteries in their rack type. They even acknowledged cells have problems after i sent them bms error logs. It has been 2 months and they have not done anything for warranty. They started with chinese holidays, then covid (in sept 2022) and then they even said as an excuse nobody feels like working after holiday. Now i can not install any of them to my customers. Because I have strong feeling that others will fail and obviously their warranty was fake. So please do not trust these companies unless they have solid references in your country.
I'm sorry that happened to you. I've seen tempting deals on alibaba but I'm not sure I'd be brave enough to spend $16k. In this case, these Weize batteries are being sold on Amazon which presumably would honor the return policy. I was fully expecting to get a broken or fake battery and return it. I mean I see what you are saying, but I actually ordered two of them, received them, and tested them and so far so good. I think one of the main points of this forum is for us to post our actual experiences with different brands to inform the community of good or bad products and I appreciate your warning about TAICO.

In the manual, the email address inquiry@weizeus.com is listed and the phone number (470)-300-9457. I haven't tried to contact them because I haven't had any issues whatsoever, but I don't think it's fair that since you were unhappy with your purchase from TAICO that you think this applies to all "these companies".

Last edited:
Confirmed by freezer testing that mine ordered this month does have cold temp protection:

I purchased a Weize 100ah LifeP04 battery from Amazon a few weeks ago. It came with swollen sides. Did a capacity test and got 1209ah. Seems to work ok but am reluctant to install it in my garage where it will be used every day. Amazon’s policy is no returns. Seller emailed me saying as long as voltage is good, no problem! Will not replace.

Did a capacity test and got 1209ah.
Do you mean 1209Wh?

Maybe it depends on what seller you buy it from on Amazon, but mine said returnable through Jan31st, 2022. Actually I looked back to the first one I bought Oct 9th for $259.99 and it says "This item isn't eligible for return. For safety reasons, items containing flammable liquids or gases can’t be returned to Amazon. For more information or help, please contact us."

But the second one I bought Oct 17th for $269.99 does let me start a return so I guess it varies. I saved a screenshot of the item page before I ordered it to make sure they couldn't delete or change things on me. Anyway, these look like they are up to $299.99 so this deal seems over for now.

Capture4.PNG

I'm sorry that happened to you. I've seen tempting deals on alibaba but I'm not sure I'd be brave enough to spend $16k. In this case, these Weize batteries are being sold on Amazon which presumably would honor the return policy. I was fully expecting to get a broken or fake battery and return it. I mean I see what you are saying, but I actually ordered two of them, received them, and tested them and so far so good. I think one of the main points of this forum is for us to post our actual experiences with different brands to inform the community of good or bad products and I appreciate your warning about TAICO.

In the manual, the email address inquiry@weizeus.com is listed and the phone number (470)-300-9457. I haven't tried to contact them because I haven't had any issues whatsoever, but I don't think it's fair that since you were unhappy with your purchase from TAICO that you think this applies to all "these companies".
I was specifically saying TAICO. I know there are good and honest ones around. I just wanted to warn people TAICO is not one of them.

Attachments

• 811E43C0-8BF0-462E-9F65-765857B845E3.jpeg
    811E43C0-8BF0-462E-9F65-765857B845E3.jpeg
    91 KB · Views: 3
I was specifically saying TAICO. I know there are good and honest ones around. I just wanted to warn people TAICO is not one of them.
I saw your original duplicate post in another thread.

Thing is, this thread is about Weize batterys on Amazon, so people doing business on Alibaba and dealing with TAICO are probably not going to see it or be able to heed your warning. Maybe in the Solar Vendors category would be better?

Also know that in these days of the anonymous internet, going overboard on warnings can sometimes be seen as a competitor trying to trash-talk another. Just saying...

It is not necessary to escalate this to trash talk level. Yes i did leave comments when i see the fit. I absolutely think that people should know. You are also right about ‘all these companies’ comment. I removed that so that it wont damage companies that do honest business. But again it is what happened and i will make sure people know the truth about this company. I also suggest people who are using alibaba; if you have doubts about a company pay through alibaba. Otherwise alibaba does not do anything. I filed a claim there but i doubt they will do anything (since the payment was offline).

Last edited:
I also suggest people who are using alibaba; if you have doubts about a company pay through alibaba.
Thanks for that tip, I didn't know that.

You are also right about ‘all these companies’ comment. I removed that so that it wont damage companies that do honest business.
Thanks for removing that. FYI it was a different person you were replying to in the last message. I appreciate you telling people about your experience and its worth thinking through the potential return process and customer support before you make a purchase, especially from small or unknown brands so it's a good reminder for people looking for the cheapest batteries available.

It is not necessary to escalate this to trash talk level. Yes i did leave comments when i see the fit. I absolutely think that people should know......
....But again it is what happened and i will make sure people know the truth about this company.

I understand you are upset. And it's fine to let people know.

I'm just saying that when it goes beyond that, beyond discussion, and the forum becomes a personal springboard for a consumer-protection agenda (right or wrong), maybe it's time to set up your own site, blog, or whatever.

The reality is that while your advice seems sound, NONE of it can be verified by us as a true story. Don't get upset at this - this is a fact. I have a Rolls-Royce in my driveway powered by Headway cells. See what I mean?

So not trash-talking. This is an anonymous text-based medium. Good or bad, everything needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Gotta' go charge up my Rolls. :)

I have tried 4 rack type TAICO. 3 of them have defective cells. I post pictures of bmses here and my deye hybrid inverter set up. I must say their wall type ones have no problems (tried 2 wall types so far). But rack types are hit and miss. They even have edges repainted to cover scratches and rust. See the soh state of battery health below.

Attachments

• A4DED9D9-15B9-4B07-B4B8-65028EBFD159.jpeg
    A4DED9D9-15B9-4B07-B4B8-65028EBFD159.jpeg
    184.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 9F67A14D-58D7-4EC7-A322-DB97FC080B7A.jpeg
    9F67A14D-58D7-4EC7-A322-DB97FC080B7A.jpeg
    125.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 9BB700A2-A42E-4F75-A701-BC8340F4AFC1.jpeg
    9BB700A2-A42E-4F75-A701-BC8340F4AFC1.jpeg
    90.6 KB · Views: 7
  • C0815B51-DBE3-429E-A6B9-AD4A28782002.jpeg
    C0815B51-DBE3-429E-A6B9-AD4A28782002.jpeg
    84.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 64A02F43-BB37-4BE3-922E-EC6F9162F9A1.jpeg
    64A02F43-BB37-4BE3-922E-EC6F9162F9A1.jpeg
    78.9 KB · Views: 5
  • E77B839C-C17D-41CB-AB1A-CDA332152D2C.jpeg
    E77B839C-C17D-41CB-AB1A-CDA332152D2C.jpeg
    91 KB · Views: 6
  • 332774CE-0B5E-473D-B848-A61B5185D1A6.jpeg
    332774CE-0B5E-473D-B848-A61B5185D1A6.jpeg
    90.6 KB · Views: 9
Ah ok, so what's the plan? The Weize batteries you can get from Amazon might be good for replacements.

I have tried 4 rack type TAICO. 3 of them have defective cells. I post pictures of bmses here and my deye hybrid inverter set up. I must say their wall type ones have no problems (tried 2 wall types so far). But rack types are hit and miss. They even have edges repainted to cover scratches and rust. See the soh state of battery health below.
Hi Aricio, I was in the process of getting quotes for their 48v 200ah batteries when I came across this post. I went back to my Taico contact and told them that I have a few concerns regarding purchasing from them until they address your issues and others on this forum. I've included the link to this thread so hopefully this will get them to help your issues and others too. Its really affecting my decision to buy from them. All the best and good luck!

The Weize 12V 100Ah batteries are up to $310 after coupon. CHINS seems to be the best deal now at $285. The DJLBERMPW that was $259 last week isn't listed anymore. It's interesting how much the prices on these fluctuate day to day. I think if you can watch the prices for a few weeks you can get a great deal. I'd be interested to hear from anyone else who bought these budget batteries and if anyone had any issues.

there is a guy John Daniel on youtube, he seems to be having issues with chins, anyone see whats up:

I don't want to go OT but I'm trying to nail down 4 100Ah/200AH batts and debating between wieze, amperetime, and chins.

There are some unbelievable deals on amazon right now.

I just picked up 2 of these Dobelay 12V 100Ah lithium batteries for $210 each! There is a 65% off coupon at checkout. It says you can only use one coupon per order but it let me make two orders within 10 minutes on the same account, to the same address. Amazon no returns. It says 100A discharge and cold temp protection. I'll give it a try.

I also bought one of these enelong 12V 100Ah lithiums for $200. That's $0.15 per Wh! Before today I'd never seen anything below $250. Amazing. This one allows returns until Jan 31st. It doesn't say anything about low temp protection and it only has a 50A max continuous discharge rate. At this price though I'll give it a try and see if it is any good. I'll return it if it sucks!

I've picked up 6600Wh of batteries in the last month for $1150. An average of $0.17 per Wh.

I think it's time for Will to do another budget battery shootout and tear some of these down.

Last edited:
there is a guy John Daniel on youtube, he seems to be having issues with chins, anyone see whats up:

I don't want to go OT but I'm trying to nail down 4 100Ah/200AH batts and debating between wieze, amperetime, and chins.
I watched that video and tried to find the promised followup but he rambles so much I cant even figure out what his actual problem is with the battery. He's got wires and cables running everywhere, camera is jerky, hard to follow. He also promotes power queen in all these videos which he mentiones that he uses paid referral links for them and then he insinuates that "professional" youtubers (I guess he's referring to Will) are somehow only recommending products that they get paid for. Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black? He's playing on peoples desire to find a "secret" that the "professionals" don't want you to know. He implies that most everyone else is corrupted and he's the one telling the truth. It's classic conspiracy thinking and unfortunately that content seems to get lots of viewers on youtube, but he's not my cup of tea. If it has a 100A BMS and it cant put out 100A, send it back, it's defective. Otherwise, I'm confused what his problem with the battery is. He doesn't think CHINS should sell a 200Ah battery with a 100A BMS? It's clearly labeled that it's a 100A BMS and they also sell one with a 200A BMS if you need that. Some people might not need 200A output...Honestly I cant figure out why he doesn't think that's OK.

well thats fine and all but if the chins 100A can't put out 50A then something is up... I think what he may be referring to is that Chins cherry picks units to send to reviewers, where he was just some random buyer on amazon and got a dud.

He does some interesting tests, the power queen 100a was able to put out 135A running 2 a/c units.

but I also saw another guy showing powerqueen been much lower capacity.

well thats fine and all but if the chins 100A can't put out 50A then something is up... I think what he may be referring to is that Chins cherry picks units to send to reviewers, where he was just some random buyer on amazon and got a dud.
I agree if it can't put out 100A continuously then it's not meeting it's spec, but I looked through that video again and I don't see him test the maximum output current at all. Where does it fail to put out 50A? I think we would have seen a problem in the reviews if it couldn't put out 50A. That's only a 640W load, surely people have tested these with inverters that draw more than that. I don't have one or I would check. As far as them sending good ones to reviewers and bad ones to everyone else, sure that's possible but I think all the people who got duds would be leaving bad reviews and there are over 1000 reviews on amazon and only 7% are 3 stars or less. Also there are probably lots of smaller youtubers like him (or people in this forum) that just ordered regular units for their tests, it wouldn't have been just him that noticed if it couldn't put out 50A. I think everything the guy says is possible but just not likely. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence to convince me. What seems more likely to me is that he just got a dud and he should return it or that there was a problem in how he was measuring the 50A. Maybe I'm just a skeptical person.

Hi Aricio, I was in the process of getting quotes for their 48v 200ah batteries when I came across this post. I went back to my Taico contact and told them that I have a few concerns regarding purchasing from them until they address your issues and others on this forum. I've included the link to this thread so hopefully this will get them to help your issues and others too. Its really affecting my decision to buy from them. All the best and good luck!
Thank you for doing this. My whole wish were to warn people about this company. Perhaps others exist that are honest but not this one. In the process i felt like i turned into an evil person. They forced me do this. They talk really nice (they call you ‘friend’ so often) until they complete the transaction. But what you did was so nice. Thank you again.

The two $210 dobelays arrived today Fedex. Actually they tried to deliver yesterday but required a signature and I wasn't home. So far so good. They look real and I like the handles better than the strap on the weize actually. They feel sturdy. They weren't packed that great with loose bolts banging around, but they weren't damaged. They are charging now. I'll do more review later. This deal is amazingly still live at $210.

The UPS tracking number for the $200 enelong says it will come tomorrow.

I ordered a proper capacity tester on aliexpress but it's currently on a boat from china so it will be a few weeks until I get it. I have a cool little capacity tester that I've had for years but it only does 5A (it wasn't designed for these huge lithium batteries) so it took almost 78 hours to test one of my Weize 12V 100Ah batteries. It passed though. The Weize measured 99.8Ah 1282Wh. But I might wait on testing the others until the DL24P gets here.

20221112_222741.jpg

The dobelay 12V 100Ah batteries weigh 22.3lb each. Strangely the "Copper*" terminals on the batteries are not M8 threaded. (According to the picture: "*Ordinary battery use iron, we use copper") Two black 5/16"-18TPI bolts are included loose in the cardboard box and they thread in nicely but M8 bolts don't thread in. Also the included bolts bottom out in the terminals leaving about a 3mm gap so without a washer, a thin ring terminal remains loose. No washers included. Not a big deal, I've got some washers, but a little odd. The specs and the product page say M8 terminals.

Decent manual is included with many BMS voltages and limits. Cold temp charging protection is mentioned in the manual but I haven't tested it yet. Manual says up to 4p4s is allowed.

The batteries had foam on top and bottom but not the sides in a thin cardboard box. Then they were simply dropped in a larger cardboard box with no additional padding. Pretty risky if you ask me with those bolts rattling around too. The Weize batteries I got last month were packed way better with thicker foam on all sides and thicker, appropriately sized cardboard. Some photos of the Dobelay batteries and poor packaging:

20221113_102154.jpg20221113_102110.jpg

Last edited:
Decent manual is included with many BMS voltages and limits. Cold temp charging protection is mentioned in the manual but I haven't tested it yet. Manual says up to 4p4s is allowed.
What would happen if you ran more then 4 in parallel? I'm always confused when BMS's state they have a parallel limit, I understand having series limits due to bms voltage limits however.

So far the Dobelays have been in the chest freezer for 5hrs at 14F and when I pull them out and put them on my bench, they still are taking a 30mA charge.....So either the low temp sensor is buried deep in there and it hasn't got cold enough yet, or they dont have cold temp protection.

The photo on amazon says the smart "build-in" BMS has Cut-Off under 32F. The product description says: "cut-off function prevents charging under 32℉/0℃;" and the manual also says "The BMS will not allow a charging current under 0C/32F." Hmmmmm

diy solar

diy solar
Back