diy solar

diy solar

What do you all think about this EG4 deal?

Captain Ron

I'd probably shop around for best prices.
Those damn batteries drive a hard bargain!

Edit… I didn’t realize you posted an entire cart, just saw the batteries. But I would generally agree, shopping around is always smart, albeit less convenient than a single add to cart button.

I'm glad I posted this here. The ad gives the impression everything in the picture is included. You folks are right. I can peice it out for a little cheaper.
1329.00 6000xp
1360.00 x3 EG4 batt
520.00. EG4 Enclosed Battery Rack
600.00 accessories

Thanks for the advice

That kit says 12,000w, which would require two units.
But as far as I can tell, it's only one.

That kit says 12,000w, which would require two units.
But as far as I can tell, it's only one.
Right, definitely just 1 6000 in the description.

Not a bad price if you go through the kit contents, factor in free shipping (with 16 panels) and the 5% off promo

Probably don't buy a kit. Most people are attracted to kits because they haven't fully thought through every detail and the kit seems to be a shortcut. That won't end well. While installing it you will learn how something different might have been better.

Learn every detail and then you will probably find your exact desired system doesn't come in a kit. If it does, and it's cheaper, then order the kit.

The first component to decide on is the inverter imo, and exactly how you are going to wire it in. Then consider the batteries and solar panels.

EG4 Complete Hybrid Solar Kit - 12,000W 120/240V Output + 30.72kWh EG4 Lithium Powerwall + 14,000 Watts of Solar PV [KIT-E0005]​

Very misleading description. I don't even see an option to get 6x batteries, just 3x. I also wouldn't call a server battery cabinet a "powerwall" but that's splitting hairs.

I would definitely look for reviews. No one has mentioned it, so I hope that vendor is ok. I am suffering trying to warranty an EG4 product now. I have lost more time than the products initial purchase price....

The equipment is great - all the same stuff I have in my setup, but yeah I'm not sure about the vendor. Fantastic price if in fact it does include 2 of the 6000xp's. Personally, if the equipment meets your needs, I would just spend a bit more and buy the same equipment from a vendor with excellent support experiences by the community like Current Connected.

The equipment is great - all the same stuff I have in my setup, but yeah I'm not sure about the vendor. Fantastic price if in fact it does include 2 of the 6000xp's. Personally, if the equipment meets your needs, I would just spend a bit more and buy the same equipment from a vendor with excellent support experiences by the community like Current Connected.
Agreed, Current Connected made a warranty painless and FAST. I have been struggling with another vendor(CC did not carry this EG4 product).
I surf around then buy from CC more than likely. Especially since most of the manufacturers have MSRP guidelines...

Same price but different levels of Customer care....

Can you all share some of the best and most reputable companies to buy solar equipment from? All this talk about warranties really has me thinking about considering the source and a lot more logical manner when I purchase.

From personal experience only

Current Connected is my 1st recommendation. 2 purchases, SOK and Renogy 1 warranty. flawless and painless. Relatively easy to speak to an actual person who has product knowledge and expertise. Highly likely for next purchase.

Santan solar 1 purchase no issue

Renogy AIO Renogy panels from 3d party. No issue Had a few questions, talked to live person. Reasonably easy.

Signature Solar ! EG4 purchase Very difficult to get real people (except sales - they always answer). This has improved. 1 Warranty pending. Expect hurdles, excuses and delays....still ongoing.....

Last edited:
Don't buy batteries- build batteries- save 50%
I don't think I want to go through all that work to build them though. I've been looking at that and it seems a lot more work than I want to do and I like to have a warranty. But thank you for the suggestion

I don't think I want to go through all that work to build them though. I've been looking at that and it seems a lot more work than I want to do and I like to have a warranty. But thank you for the suggestion
I promise you there is nothing to it. The only time consuming part is crimping ends on the jk bms leads. It's extremely easy

I promise you there is nothing to it. The only time consuming part is crimping ends on the jk bms leads. It's extremely easy
Don't buy batteries- build batteries- save 50%
Are you exaggerating about the 50%? If not, can you help provide of an example on a DIY with similar specs to an EG4 LifePower4 48V Rack battery @ $1260?

Easier at larger capacity.

PowerPro is 16s 280 Ah, 14kWh, for $4000.
Cells are in the ballpark of $100 each.

Of course you get a bunch of niceties in the PowerPro. And if it continues to be reported that it talks to Sunny Island without hiccup, I could consider that without paying the price of REC BMS.

Maybe for 14kWh, just buy the assembled one. At 3x that capacity the savings could get compelling.
Unless you want UL listed ESS.

Back